Child Care Assistant I (Food Service) (P/T), CP1N12289ECEC
Cooperate with classroom teachers to implement a model program consistent with the principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program. Communicate formally and informally with parents.
Position Title: Child Care Assistant I (Food Service) (P/T), CP1N12289ECEC
Duties of Position:
- In relation to the Early Childhood Education and Care Program, act as a model for college students, visitors and observers. Assist with the orientation of students to the Early Childhood Center.
- In relation to children enrolled in the Early Childhood Center, assist in providing a model program for children consistent with principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes Assist in the implementation of a program consistent with Department of Children and Family Services and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs guidelines. Provide safe and supervised environment for each child in the classroom Use positive guidance techniques as described in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes. Assist in the implementation of developmentally appropriate experiences for children based upon individual and group needs. Provide scheduled or emergency coverage for staff when they leave the classroom for breaks or meetings.
- In relation to Parents, maintain daily informal contact with parents.
- In relation to Environment, in cooperation with the classroom teachers, maintain equipment and facilities in a safe, tidy, and clean manner and report needs to Center Manager. In cooperation with the Food Services Manager, assist in maintaining the kitchen, pantry and laundry in a safe, clean and tidy manner.
- In relation to Food Service, assist the Food Services Manager in preparing snacks and lunches. Distribute lunches and snacks to individual classrooms. Monitor appropriate food service for allergies and other special conditions. Substitute for the Food Services Manager in his/her absence.
- In relation to Professional Standards, maintain the confidentiality of children, families and staff. Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as required. Keep current with professional issues and research. Comply with policies in the Classified Employee Guidebook and with the policies and standards stated in the Early Childhood Center Staff Handbook.
Experience and Education:
Associates Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education, CPR and First Aid Certificates. Illinois Food Service Sanitation Certificate to be completed immediately after hire.
One year experience in a Child Care Center.
2-3 years experience in a Child Care Center.
Bachelor's Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Early Childhood Center equipment and appliances both indoors and on the playground, kitchen and laundry equipment and appliances, personal computer.
May include off-campus locations, variable hours. Hours include: daily participation in the Early Childhood Center, Center-Family events, and twice yearly in-service classes.
Department: Early Childhood Center - ECC
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt