Administrative Assistant I (P/T), CP2N13533SS
Performs customer service functions and receptionist duties for Counseling and Advising Services. Provides informational and referral assistance to students, faculty, community persons, and visitors, both in person and by telephone.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant I (P/T), CP2N13533SS
Duties of Position:
- Assist students, community members and staff with their questions and concerns, both in person and over the phone.
- Schedule appointments for new and prospective students: individual counseling appointments and new student advising sessions.
- Provide referrals to other COD services and individuals.
- Screen requests, asks pertinent questions, describe services, answer general questions; conduct intake screening and decides on appropriate action.
- Establish a warm, receptive, welcoming atmosphere.
- Take messages for counselors and staff.
- Organize the unit and perform file management.
- Data entry input of intake forms or cards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
High school graduate with course work or training in office careers, including typing.
Previous experience in a position with people contact. Must have proficiency in written and spoken English. Some knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and keyboarding skills.
Associate Degree, office careers coursework and training in customer service.
Two years office experience in a people-contact position.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
General office equipment, personal computer, multi-line phones, copier and fax machine.
Pleasant office with heavy phone contact, extensive people contact and counter work which involves moving quickly from counter to resources. Needs to have good command of English and communication skills, verbal and written, and good listening skills. Lifts approximately 10 to 15 pounds of materials such as catalogs or Class Schedules. Extremely busy office, must be able to handle several phone calls and walk-ins within a short period of time.
This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Counseling & Advising Services - CAS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt