Senior Product Manager
Looking for an opportunity to move fast and make a big impact? Varsity Tutors is looking for a Senior Product Manager to be part of a newly forming product management team. The core role includes defining how live learning will be conducted, what additional markets should be entered and how and when to expand. Additionally, this individual will focus heavily on product design and creation, how to think about product, and how the product team should work together as the team and organization continue to rapidly grow.
Varsity Tutors operates the leading live learning platform in the United States. The company also offers mobile learning apps, an online learning environment, and other technologies oriented around connecting students with experts in real-time on mobile, web, and in-person. The company recently raised $57 million in venture capital from Technology Crossover Ventures, the Answers.com executive team, and singer/TV personality Adam Levine. The capital was raised to build new products, enter adjacent markets, and expand internationally.
The opportunity and challenge for the Senior Product Manager is to ensure that Varsity Tutors' service remains best in class. How do we appeal to an ever-growing population of people who want to access and learn new and different skills? How do we differentiate ourselves from the competition? What are the different engagement models that we should have with customers? With our Tutors? How do we balance short term and long term needs?
The individual in this role will define features and processes, drive projects end-to-end, work very closely with technical teams to implement solutions, and deeply analyze the results. He or she will drive frequent experiments where there's an opportunity to learn but proceed cautiously when decisions have big implications and would be hard to change. The Senior Product Manager will shape our strategy in a rapidly evolving environment and work directly with all levels of the organization from executives to one of the hundreds of associates we have in the field.
- 5+ years product management and/or business leadership experience, preferably in managing an entire development cycle (conception through launch)
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail
- Experience with agile and working closely with designers and engineers to drive feature definition and implementation.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- SQL proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
- Ownership of the business strategy and measures of success.
- Prioritize product feature backlog as part of agile software development.
- Understand and manage financial levers, such as revenue, contribution profit.
- Simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Lead, plan, and conduct periodic business reviews with executive leadership and potentially the Board.
Varsity Tutors operates the leading live learning platform in the United States and is building a global on-demand expert network. Students can receive live 1:1 help online, on mobile, or in-person in over 1,000 subjects facilitated by 30,000 experts. Our mission and vision are to help people learn by seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, anytime.
In 2015, Varsity Tutors raised $57 million in venture capital from Technology Crossover Ventures, the Answers.com executive team, and singer/TV personality Adam Levine. Varsity Tutors was also recently named as one of the Most Exciting Companies in the United States by Entrepreneur Magazine.
Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:05:18 PDT