Authorized to Work in U.S.
4 years of supervisory experience
7 years of relevant experience
This position is responsible for all on site activities within their hospital accounts. The incumbent must ensure adequate and coordinated support from CTS. The incumbent following training and competency assessment is authorized to complete all immunohematology tests.
Position Responsibilities (Expected Work): This position is not static and will be revised as the needs of the organization's business evolve and other duties assigned.
1. Develop relationships with key hospital personnel and proactively work with them to identify needs and meet or exceed their expectations.
2. Integrate customer needs with CTS operations to ensure appropriate patient care is provided and internal operating goals are met.
3. Maintain technical proficiency and provide direct operational support including the completion of testing, manufacturing, QC and clerical tasks in supporting customer accounts.
4. Evaluate staff performance and prepare/perform reviews. Provide staff counseling and mentoring.
5. Administer all internal organizational policies. Ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures, cGMP quality principles, and safety requirements by actively monitoring staff adherence to these policies, procedures, and requirements.
6. Participate in strategic planning to support continuous improvement and policy development to ensure the ongoing growth and success of CTS. 7. Maintain proficiency in and perform as necessary all testing associated with the job accountabilities of Technologist I Transfusion Service. If trained the incumbent can also perform all testing duties associated with the job accountabilities of a Technologist II RCRL.
• Regulatory Health of operation.
• Efficient and effective management of daily activities without customer complaints.
• Compliance with operational goals.
• Staff development/management.
Education and Training:
• BS degree with MT (ASCP) or BB (ASCP) required.
• SBB and/or Master's degree in business/management preferred.
• A minimum of 4 years supervisory or management experience required.
• A minimum of 6 years transfusion service experience required.
• 7 years of relevant experience is required.
i.e.Analytical (Judgment, Decision Making):
• Ability to complete statistical analysis and collect data.
• Strong understanding of immunohematology and transfusion practice with the ability to equate a diagnosis with transfusion needs.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to solve problems and respond appropriately.
• Must be able to prioritize work demands and to negotiate conflicting needs or priorities.
• Ability to integrate specific issues into overall department needs and objectives.
• Strong PC skills in Word and Excel
• Language skills must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
• Ability to prepare written reports and technical documents.
• Strong oral communication skills required with audience specific focus.
• Strong customer service skills, internal and external.
• Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare providers.
• Demonstrated leadership.
• Business management skills including strategic thinking.
• Ability to develop and mentor staff.
• Strong team building skills.
• Ability to manage to precise regulatory/quality standards.
K.A. Recruiting, Inc. is a premier healthcare recruiting firm based in downtown Boston. We work with hundreds of hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We specialize in the recruitment and placement of laboratory professionals, imaging professionals, rehabilitation professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse leaders, nurses, physicians, and healthcare IT professionals.
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:21:50 PDT