Molding Cell Lead (Nights)
Reports directly to the applicable Business Unit Manufacturing Leader, provides leadership to production operations. The Cell Lead provides an on floor presence responsible safety, quality, production and continuous improvement requirements. Works with other Cell Leads to drive overall plant performance. Provides leadership and training for associates on production floor. Must project positive attitude with excellent team skills.
1. Drive the following key metrics: safety, quality, productivity, & customer service.
2. Measure and communicate performance to department leadership.
3. Provides leadership in a team environment. Provide direction to all operators/technicians and manage the daily operations to meet established targets.
4. Monitors production machinery as needed to ensure top performance.
5. Ensure product quality though accurate and timely completion of action plans to address deficiencies, DHR reviews, and rework.
6. Ensure accurate and timely SAP & MES transactions by monitoring inventories and addressing discrepancies identified.
7. Drive problem resolution and is the key contact with outside resources (engineers, quality, tech services, document control, tool room) to ensure success.
8. Ensure associates are trained in and follows all safety, quality, and operation procedures.
9. Build and develop teamwork to create a unified organization.
10. Assist engineers/technicians with project work as required.
11. Drive continuous improvement efforts by utilizing CI practices (KAS, Blitz's) and adhering to standard work practices.
12. Supports PM compliance by working with the PM team to maintain compliance.
13. Provide 360 degree feedback on associates to drive performance & accountability to all expectations, policies & procedures.
14. Coordinate coverage for vacation, absenteeism, and overtime as required.
- HS Diploma/GED Required
- Vocational/Technical School and/or Associates Degree Preferred
- 2+ years manufactruing/leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead/perform at a high level
- Display a strong sense of urgency, troubleshooting, problem solving, ability to determine root cause analysis, interpersonal/communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills such as, but not limited to word documents, writing, and e-mail.
Primary Location US-Connecticut-Canaan
Relocation Available No
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We lead in patient and healthcare worker safety, and technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. Our innovative solutions help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, optimize respiratory care and support the management of diabetes.
BD partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. Our nearly 50,000 associates across 50 countries closely collaborate with customers and partners to help enhance patient outcomes, lower healthcare delivery costs, increase operational efficiencies and expand access to healthcare.
Our state-of-the-art facilities around the globe provide an environment that enables our highly talented and passionate workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking great people to join our company on its journey to greatness.
To learn more and apply for opportunities with BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/.
BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Mon, 9 Oct 2017 09:06:08 PDT