Project Manager - Mesa, AZ Job at Layne Christensen in Mesa, AZ
Layne is a global water management, construction and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for water, mineral and energy resources. Layne operates in more than 80 integrated offices worldwide, staffed with approximately 5,000 employees. Our philosophy of responsible growth guides us in consistently doing the right thing for our people, the environment, our company and the clients we serve every day. We strive to leave the individuals and places we touch better off for their interaction with us, and our culture is embodied in our unwavering commitment to the four core values that define us: Safety, Sustainability, Integrity and Excellence.
Purpose of Position
Project Management of water and wastewater contracts requiring execution from order, through final design, equipment submittal, engineering approval, fabrication and assembly, installation and facility start-up, O&M, technical assistance and final acceptance. Has overall responsibility for executing project on or ahead of schedule at or below budgeted cost.
Primary Responsibilities / Essential Job Functions
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of project execution and maintains primary interface with clients
- Manage contract negotiation, execution of design, fabrication and assembly
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts for project % of completion
- Prepares and submits pay applications and/or coordinates invoices to customers
- Negotiate and issue sub-contract and vendor contracts and purchase orders
- Manage project cost and schedule to estimate, contract and customer requirements
- Identifies and communicates contract requirements to all supporting departments
- Coordinates all activities among departments supporting assigned projects
- Generate and negotiate changes of scope with customer, and communicate with peers
- Oversee shop fabrication and assembly operations to meet project and schedule requirements
- Manage final contract obligations including start-up, installation and final acceptance
Non-essential Job Functions
- Estimating project costs, specification compliance and generation, proposal preparation, and implementation of database and supporting software and hardware
- Build contractor and vendor relationships for standards, quantity and blanket discounts, agreements and terms and conditions
- Provide technical assistance, presentations, and seminars for engineers, customers - both internal and external
- Travel as required to jobsites, customer and engineering locations, and Layne offices and support locations as required
Position Qualifications Requirements / Preferences
- 3-5 years Project Management experience in water and/or wastewater, or related industry
- Experience and proven capabilities in project execution, contract negotiation and management, scheduling and cost accountability, vendor and sub-contractor implementation, buying, and coordination of projects from start to finish
- Manufacturing and assembly experience for products and technology associated with the water and wastewater market
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including word, excel, power point, and project management software applications, accounting software as well as e-mail and office equipment
- Ability to present a professional and technical attitude, communicate efficiently while working with multi-disciplines and personnel
- Capable of understanding P&L statements, and able to create worksheets and job costing information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Mechanical or civil engineering degree, or other equivalent adequate experience
This position will require working in both a quiet office environment as well as a large shop yard/garage environment with up to 50% travel in the field to meet customers.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Layne is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants are considered without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Layne Christensen Company is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:27:31 PDT