Start a new career at Goodwill and your work will change lives!
Goodwill was just named as one of America's Top 20 Most Inspiring Companies by Forbes. Join our team at Goodwill and your work helps to enhance our local communities and change lives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage retail store location within the agency's established policy to achieve budgeted revenue and expense.
- Recruit, train and evaluate retail employees in retail operation procedures.
- Schedule employees to achieve optimum customer service, merchandise display, store security and expense control.
- Plan attractive merchandise displays that make effective use of sales area.
- Maintain records of sales data and bank deposits.
- Enforce sales policies and procedures and employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain store premises and grounds in compliance with agency safety and housekeeping practices.
- Supervise and train employees in backroom processing and quality control procedures.
- Order merchandise to stock store to achieve budget.
- Participate in community business activities such as merchant associations or local Chamber of Commerce meetings when directed.
- Attend marketing sales meetings. Schedule store employee meetings as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent with courses in Business and Marketing.
- Two years experience in a management/supervisory capacity or equivalent.
- Able to supervise and train in shipping/receiving functions, stock duties, merchandising, cashiering and customer service retail.
- Willing to travel and relocate.
- Works in retail selling area, stockroom, processing area and adjacent parking area.
- Considerable walking, standing, reaching, lifting, carrying, talking, hearing, seeing, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- Work with others.
- Physical stamina to stand, walk, bend and reach.
- Must be able to lift over 40 pounds.
Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut serves people with disabilities, economic disadvantages and other barriers to employment. Our mission is to help people achieve independence and self-sufficiency through job training and other supportive services.
Founded in 1951, we are one of 164 regional Goodwill organizations throughout the US and Canada. With the support of our donors, customers and partners, we make a little goodwill go a long way!
Goodwill is a 100% nonprofit organization committed to giving people a "hand up."
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 10:44:25 PDT