Lead Service Manager- Property Facilities Maintenance
Lead Service Manager needed for a 588 unit apartment community located in Lanham, MD that is under a full property renovation- Under the general direction of the Senior Maintenance Manager, the Service Manager is the senior maintenance lead and is accountable for delivering on our resident commitments of exceptional move-in, total satisfaction, express service and personal attention. The Service Manager works with the Senior Maintenance Manager to lead all aspects of the property's hands-on maintenance, including overall inspection, repairs and scheduled maintenance of apartments and other interior/exterior areas. He/she is a working supervisor and directs a team of service professionals to ensure the community is in excellent condition at all times for our residents. This position will oversee the general maintenance function and service staff by managing service requests, delegating tasks, supervising and directing the work of the department.
- Ensures that the service staff is performing to the standards of Wingate and resident service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner ensuring our residents receive personal attention, express service, resulting in total satisfaction.
- Effectively delivers on our commitments to our residents at all times.
- Maintains open and clear communication with Senior Maintenance Supervisor, on-site staff and residents. Assists service staff in the performance of their duties as needed.
- Ensures that all service staff follow safe work practices. Responsible for proper use and care of all company tools, equipment and vehicles.
Hands-On Maintenance Duties
- Prepares or assists in preparing all market-ready apartments, which may include, but is not limited to, painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs and housekeeping to ensure an exceptional move-in experience for our residents.
- Performs various maintenance functions which includes, but is not limited to, electrical installations, pool maintenance, light carpentry/construction, re-keying and mastering door locks, repairing furnaces and air conditioners, plumbing and appliance repairs, drywall and painting repairs, vinyl installation and repair and minor roof repairs.
- Works along with the general service staff to maintain grounds and common areas and keeping them free of trash, debris and, if applicable, snow.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required. Orders and controls maintenance inventory.
- Completes regular community inspections to proactively identify necessary repairs or replacement of any interior or exterior areas on the property.
- Performs various scheduled maintenance functions. Records activity in maintenance log.
- Monitors the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to, water heaters and Heating Ventilating Air Conditioning (HVAC) units.
- Is knowledgeable of federal and state apartment housing laws, as well as internal policies, initiatives and systems regarding maintenance.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must be able to work any shift, Sunday - Saturday to support the company's business needs. He/she must be able to effectively communicate. He/she must exhibit strong supervisory and leadership qualities. The incumbent should demonstrate effective verbal communication skills and have excellent follow through.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. A minimum of three years hands-on maintenance experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC is necessary; apartment experience is strongly preferred. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Adaptability, multi-tasking and sound decision making abilities are required and essential to the success of this role. Computer proficiency is also required.
Machines, Tools and Equipment, Software:
Hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance and landscaping. Power tools including circular saw, power drill, bench grinder, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, chain saw, key machine, and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Motorized vehicles. Computer w/ Internet and e-mail capabilities
Valid driver's license and good driving record along with auto insurance required
Wingate Management Company is differentiated by its experienced team of professionals who implement effective management practices to maximize opportunity and value for property owners and investors.
50 years of demonstrated success
Experienced professionals that focus on the financial objectives of ownership
Strives to enhance the quality of living for our residents
Wingate manages over 15,000 multifamily apartment homes in 16 states. These 149 properties are both owned by affiliates and on behalf of our clients.
Demonstrated success in managing apartment homes for individuals, families and the elderly
Affordable programs administered by state and federal agencies including HUD, Mass Housing and Rhode Island Housing. This includes 29 LIHTC Properties.Affordable programs include Project Based Section 8, Section 8 Vouchers (enhanced), Section 236, Home Funds, Section 13-A, BMIRs, NSP, Section 42 LIHTC, MassHousing, SHARP, MRVP, Section 202, LIHPRHA and Workforce Housing Properties.
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 06:40:37 PDT