Job Number: 76652
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is seeking an experienced, creative, energetic and strategic communications professional to serve in the newly created Communications Director position. In collaboration with the Chair and Vice Chair the Director will create innovative and exciting methods for public awareness and engagement while increasing the visibility of the department and its faculty's activities to relevant and specified audiences. The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall communications strategy for the Department. This includes, but is not limited to writing articles/publications, reporting, marketing, social media and messaging, branding, graphic standards and website presence Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- Sound judgment to represent the department on the web and social media
- Capacity to synthesize scientific material and communicate information in a manner easily understood
- Ability to perform research, write, edit and promote in the specialized subject area of mental health
- Experience with reporting, communications and/or social media strategy and management
- Ability to write creatively in a clear and compellingly manner
- An understanding of building brand and reputation management
- Project management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Excellent written communication skills, reporting skills, and advanced skills in conceptual editing, copy editing, and proof reading.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal communications groups across the hospital and university.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills in working with a variety of people.
- Capacity to write and synthesize materials and communicate information in a manner easily understood.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- On call and ability to respond 24/7.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.