Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Recruiter- TEMPORARY FT
Under supervision of the Director of EOF/MILE, is responsible for the recruiting, promoting, and referral of economically and educationally disadvantaged students. This is a TEMPORARY Full Time position, working January 2, 2018 - April 24, 2018.
This is a grant-funded position.
Examples of Duties
- Maintains an access database of all prospective EOF students.
- Responsible for recommending new students to the EOF Director for funding and summer institute.
- Maintain an on-going rapport with EOF summer institute students and caseload.
- Plans and maintains an on-going recruitment schedule designed to inform, attract, and recruit new economically disadvantaged students in the community and on campus; including but not limited to Get on the Bus, EOF/Financial Aid Parent Night Seminars, Welcome Back Tent, Open House and on-site high school visitations/registration activities.
- Analyzes all recruitment efforts, revises existing strategies annually and makes recommendations for future strategies.
- Actively recruits in the community and on campus for prospective EOF students.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the EOF Club, and the planning and implementation of EOF Week.
- Responsible for assisting perspective students in acquiring needed verification of financial eligibility for EOF.
- Arranges and conducts evening on-campus tours for prospective students.
- Responsible for assisting EOF students with advisement, registration, and the completion of applying for financial aid/EOF.
- Assists EOF Director with the EOF annual report, summer institute and EOF group meetings.
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skill and knowledge necessary to operate a personal computer and to interact with computer software and databases
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to conduct small and large group meetings and workshops
- Counseling and/or student advisement experience
- Available to work evenings and weekends.