The Production Manager is responsible for planning, controlling, and monitoring day-to-day operations that align with organizational goals. Oversee the Automatic Print Department, Hand Printing Department, Packaging Department, and Ink room. Collaborate with Warehouse, Shipping and Receiving Departments. Apply team approach and create a positive safe work environment by maintaining a professional open communications with supervisors, employees and peers throughout the organization. Accountable for meeting department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in achieving company profitability and customer satisfaction goals. Drive continuous improvement efficiencies across all areas of the plant. Lead by example and maintain a professional demeanor that reflects the company's commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for all individuals.
• Manage labor talent and work with supervisors on manpower planning based on aptitude and daily needs of each department.
• Maintain high performance standards to ensure customers' quality expectations are met and the customer orders are delivered on time. Periodically performs quality audits.
• Work closely with supervisors throughout the day and help solve problems as they arise. For example, jobs that are stalled, handling re-runs for jobs that had defects, missed print locations.
• Analyze the necessary staffing request for temps each day to ensure the correct amount of temps are scheduled to meet production demands.
• Conduct morning production huddles to communicate daily production goals, changes, staffing and other issues that need to be addressed such as high priorities, equipment issues, material, supplies, and personnel.
• Pursue a culture of safety with an objective of "zero" injuries or incidents. Ensure that any unsafe items are corrected.
• Review Sync with supervisors a minimum of two times a day.
• Ensure all machines are started on time in the morning and throughout the day.
• Adhere to company policy on Attendance and Tardiness and utilize the disciplinarian action process, and coaching skills to help the employee change.
• Continuously reduce reliance on paper throughout all areas of the plant and move to automation.
• Work closely with the manager of hand printing to determine if appropriate production methods.
• Complete and communicate yearly performance appraisal forms on direct reports; communicate results, and make sure all employees receive a performance appraisal on their anniversary date; provides recommendation on pay increase to CEO.
• Work closely with the Production Scheduler to maximize machine efficiencies.
• Work with maintenance department to ensure machines are running efficiently; timely scheduling of preventative maintenance; documents maintenance performed, and follow-up on open issues until completed.
• Oversee all staff scheduling, approve requests for time off and overtime.
• Ensure supervisors are maximizing the reward program to recognize and motivate team members.
• Make certain the plant is kept clean and good housekeeping practices are being followed.
• Ensure a well-trained organization by making sure new and existing employees are trained and cross training is occurring.
• Communicate regularly with owners and senior managers to keep them informed of key issues or problems.
• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
• Experience working in a medium to high-volume, high-mix production environment
• Familiar with machine set-ups
• Familiar with lean and continuous improvement practices
• Able to problem solve technical and people issues
• Able to apply written instructions to machine set ups
• Excellent at planning and organizing
• Strong time management skills
• Able to effectively multi task
• General computer skills and basic knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint•
• Strong communication skills and able to present information to diverse groups
• Lead by example
• Familiar with team building practices
• Able to motivate, coach, and train employees
• Excellent interpersonal skills
RDC, Inc. is a retained executive search firm (www.rdcinc.com).
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:31:15 PDT