Advisor, Center for College and Career Readiness
The Center for College and Career Readiness Advisor is responsible for recruiting and advising high school students. Working to accomplish the goals of the college's strategic plan, the advisor will function as a specialist on all aspects of dual enrollment and enrollment upon high school graduation. Strong knowledge of the secondary and post-secondary educational systems is required. Being committed to a student centered culture and providing open access to a diverse student population is essential.
Examples of Duties:
- Establish and maintain a calendar of student advisement appointments on the college campus and at various high schools, in and out of county, geared toward assisting current high school students with developing an individualized education plan with the goal of enrollment at the college during high school and following graduation.
- Responsible for organizing and advising students regarding course selections through the High School Option Program (HSOP) via registration appointments and events on campus and at various high schools.
- Establish relationships with high school constituents, to include guidance counselors, administration and parents to promote the Center for College and Career Readiness programs and offerings.
- Demonstrate ability to promote the college's programmatic offerings and student services utilizing a wide variety of venues, including individual appointments, small and large group information sessions, print/online resources and publications, social media, on-going correspondence and follow-up geared specifically toward high school students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of partnerships and articulation agreements between the college and various high schools, in addition to the programmatic and credit bearing offerings of the Center for College and Career Readiness.
- Provide support to the Director in developing the programmatic offerings of the Center for College and Career Readiness.
- Works collaboratively with various departments on campus to accomplish the goals and objectives of the College's strategic plan for the recruitment and enrollment of high school students.
- Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of academic records, maintaining compliance with FERPA, and other college policies, state and federal regulations.
- Participate in a variety of institutional committee activities and develop an effective network of communications in support of departmental objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Combined experience in secondary and higher education.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Ellucian Banner Student Module, with expertise in INB and Self-Service processes preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience presenting to individuals and large groups about high school initiatives and college enrollment.
- A strong commitment to a comprehensive community college philosophy and a student-centered learning environment.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels of the institution, and the ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse campus community.
- Available to work a highly flexible schedule of nights, weekends and early mornings utilizing personal vehicle for travel.