Clinical Application Analyst
Clinical Application Analyst works under general supervision of the Director of Clinical Information Services. The Clinical Application Analyst is responsible for providing support for the EMR software product(s) and other applications assigned (for external and/or internal customers). The Clinical Application Analyst provides ongoing support for configuration, design, implementation and troubleshooting for the EMR and related systems; and performs other duties as assigned. Configuration responsibilities include, but are not limited to system configuration, template design, design\build (including E&M coding), workflow analysis, training, and deployment of the EMR. Responsible for documentation, configuration, analysis, installation, testing, user training and support for assigned software applications. Assists with redesigning clinical processes using information technologies. Communicates with and assesses the needs of various levels of users included but not limited to nursing, physicians, other clinical and non-clinical individuals, and affiliated staff.
Reports to the Director of Clinical Information Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are exemplary essential job duties and responsibilities and are not intended to represent an all-inclusive listing of related essential functions of the position
• EMR configuration and support
• Clinical and non-clinical workflow analysis
• Training and support of end-users
• Report writing or computer programming
• Development of documentation
• Ongoing support included on-call support for the EMR
OTHER WORK AS REQUIRED/REQUESTED
May be assigned special project or other assignments and work tasks that are generally within the scope and level of the position, and relative to the need for flexible Company operations.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum: Bachelor degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, IT or related field/or equivalent experience in related field. See Experience adjustments.
Preferred: Training in computer or information technology.
Minimum: Bachelor Degree requires no experience. Associate Degree requires three years as a Clinical Analyst. An LVN requires two years as a Clinical Analyst.
For those who qualify in experience or education with the LVN license, a current license is required and must be maintained.
Valid California driver's license required and insurability under the company's insurance
Carrier standards as applicable to job requirements.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Must be proficiently skilled in the application and use of Windows, Word, Excel, E-mail and the Internet. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
This position requires strong workflow analysis and critical thinking skills; the ability to redesign clinical processes by gathering information and designing a solution which improves clinical outcomes, quality, end-user satisfaction and other desired measurable outcomes. The following are required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have demonstrated the ability to manage teams, processes, or direct project implementations that require multiple resources.
- Have demonstrated the ability to analyze complex workflows and have implemented a successful solution using critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with individuals at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to interact with Physicians and physician office staff with a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to develop and re-engineer workflows and processes leveraging capabilities of the electronic system to promote high utilization and increase efficiency of the medical office.
- Ability to logically group and consolidate various data types\table files from different systems.
- The desire to excel and strive for excellence.
Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation and a sense of urgency, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality over all matters in the course of business operations including patient and employee information. Ability to successfully uphold the established customer service standards and Company Mission Statement.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EPIC Management L.P. offers a comprehensive and diverse benefit package to meet the individual needs of our employees and their dependents.
- Salary based on experience
- Medical Insurance - PPO & EPO
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Orthodontia coverage for children
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Section 125 Plan - pretax medical benefits
- Voluntary Intermediate and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Cancer, Critical Illness, Accident & Medical Bridge Insurance
Time Off with Pay:
- Paid Time off (Vacation, sick and personal)
- Jury Duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- 5 year employee - medical co-payment waiver
- Direct Deposit
- Telecommuting Opportunities
Beaver Medical Group is one of the largest medical groups in Southern California with many services located on-site. Over 170 physicians, along with other medical professionals including Optometrists, Physical Therapists, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Health Educators practice in 25 specialties.
OUR MISSION is to deliver exceptional quality healthcare management, professional and support services with a firm commitment to excellence, integrity and innovation, making a lasting difference in the lives of patients and our communities.
We collaborate with medical groups and health care providers, offering expertise and insight to meet their unique challenges.
Our patient services are built on a foundation of compassion, trust and respect.
We strive to build an outstanding team, offering opportunities for growth, recognition and reward in an environment of open communication, trust and mutual respect.
Our services will grow and improve as we create value for our investors and provide mutual benefit for our partners.
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 16:38:07 PDT