Program Manager - Mechatronic Development Projects
This position manages and takes ownership of product development programs. Program complexity can range from a simple component design to meet an Application requirement, to a Technology Development project that increases Interplex' fundamental technical depth, to a full APQP Mechatronic product development program to meet a Customer specification involving mechanical, electronic and software technologies. This will require the management of collaboration between multiple functional disciplines and many times between several corporate locations. A successful candidate will have an engineering background with at least some product development experience and involvement from concept initiation through production implementation, and will have excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
The primary technical focus is on developing vehicle mission/safety critical mechatronic controls and sensors that incorporate power control, electronic control and/or communication, and expands on Interplex' existing core competencies that include highly sophisticated lead frame stampings insert molded into complex plastic housings.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
1) Manage projects and programs to meet Customer or Internal Market Growth requirements.
2) Assist Sales in developing Program Proposals by coordinating the creation of product concept cost estimates, program costs, program timing and initial feasibility assessments.
3) Upon Program award (and per the APQP process): Document and communicate initial Program targets (cost, timing, reliability, product specifications, etc.). Identify Team members. Create meeting schedules and facilitate. Act as the primary interface with the Customer. Maintain Program Action Register and Schedule Gantt chart. Provide coordination with Suppliers as needed for the product development activity. Provide program status updates to senior management.
4) Maintain an awareness and adherence to the Environmental (ISO-140001), Quality Planning (TS-16949) and Functional Safety (ISO-26262) Program requirements.
5) Provide inter-department and inter-Division coordination. Expedite when required.
6) Facilitate program issue resolution by driving root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
7) Participate in new business opportunity feasibility discussions, and provide input to the strategic planning process.
Education / Experience / Skills / Qualifications (minimum/preferred):
• Bachelor or equivalent Engineering degree, prefer either M.E., G.E. or E.E. plus 5 to 15 years automotive industry experience.
• 2+ (prefer 5+) years program management experience in a Mechatronic (mechanical, hardware, software combined) product development role that adheres to TS-16949 Quality Planning using the APQP process, PMP certification would be a plus.
• Prefer some Solid Works experience, PDM or ePDM a plus.
• Prefer 8D problem solving training or experience.
• Must have Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, MSProject, PowerPoint
• Prefer technical experience that includes high volume stamping, molding and mechatronic product assembly.
• Prefer knowledge of typical automotive environmental and reliability requirements (typical example: GM 3172).
Interplex Industries is a global supplier of custom interconnect and electronic packaging solutions. Our diverse customer base includes automotive, telecom, industrial and consumer electronics suppliers worldwide. Our technologies include stamping, molding, plating, etching, skiving, drawing and assembly of precision parts. The company has a strategic vision to expand its product development capabilities and is looking for the brightest and most creative individuals to accomplish this vision.
Franklin Park, IL
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:11:04 PDT