Director of Admissions and Scholarships
We are pleased to announce a rare opportunity to lead the admissions and scholarships team at the USC Rossier School of Education, one of the premier graduate schools of education in the nation. We seek an energetic, experienced, and skilled leader to direct a multi-talented team of professionals in the recruitment of a student body dedicated to the advancement of educational equity.
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Strategic Enrollment Services, the Director of Admissions and Scholarships formulates and executes plans of recruitment, admission, and student assistance for the USC Rossier School of Education. The Director manages the staff and operations of the Office of Admissions and Scholarships, plans and coordinates with faculty, program directors, and senior leadership, and utilizes state of the art marketing and metrics to meet the enrollment objectives of the school.
- Sets goals and objectives and measures performance against objectives. Recommends changes or enhancements to existing programs based on continuous feedback and evaluation.
- Supervises the associate director and assistant directors in their assigned responsibilities. Reviews caseload of applications and monitors progress of counselors. Interprets admission policy and guides the application review process. Reviews applications and makes admissions decisions particularly in borderline cases.
- Manages the staff and operations of the admissions and scholarships office. Recruits, screens, hires, trains, schedules and assigns work. Assesses performance and provides feedback. Counsels or disciplines as needed. Identifies and recommends opportunities for staff training and professional growth.
- Resolves difficult problems referred by others and provides technical guidance, as required. Reviews and decides exception requests as deemed appropriate.
- Coordinates the participation of faculty, staff, students and alumni in recruitment programs. Plans and provides communications, training, materials, scheduling and other logistical support to facilitate recruitment efforts.
- In concert with the enrollment research staff, designs survey instruments, conducts surveys and analyzes survey results regarding prospects, applicants and enrolled students.
- Gathers data on competitors and provides analysis of programs, prices, enrollments/market share and positioning.
- In concert with the Enrollment Marketing staff, develops and implements marketing plans, strategies and materials aimed at enhancing recruitment and conversion of targeted program applicants. Identifies marketing messages and ensures incorporation in presentations and publications.
- Develops and administers program budget(s). Determines fiscal priorities and plans and approves expenditures accordingly. Develops projections for use in future budget planning.
- Plans and makes public presentations as part of outreach efforts. Represents USC and assigned programs to students, parents, alumni, high school and community college teachers. Coordinates involvement of university faculty at admissions events to enhance recruitment and conversion efforts.
- Establishes and maintains well-documented policy and procedural manuals and communicates updates and changes as required. Maintains record storage and retrieval systems for efficient access to data. Manages recruitment data and analyzes for results and trends. Prepares reports and provides statistical data as requested.
- Coordinates the design and delivery of programs and services with other university offices. Establishes and maintains ongoing communications with university counterparts to ensure integrated efforts.
- Maintains professional currency through active participation and leadership in associations and committees both internal and external to the university.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Establishes and maintains well-documented policy and procedural manuals and communicates updates and changes as required. Maintains record storage and retrieval systems for efficient access to data. Manages recruitment data and analyzes for results and trends. Prepares reports and provides statistical data on a regular basis.
- Assists/Initiates the planning, design, prioritization and execution of the enrollment management research agenda. Provides guidance and evaluation of specified research projects.
If you are interested in our position, upload your cover letter and resume as one PDF.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Lead or supervisory recruitment and admissions experience with knowledge of financial aid policies