BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
As a staff member in the department of Educational Technologies at Missouri (ET@MO), this position is responsible for designing effective, quality instruction and providing pedagogical and curricular consultation for both technology-enhanced and traditional learning environments. In addition, this position will assist instructors in their use and adaptations of centrally supported educational technologies. In these capacities, this position will work with the College of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources (CAFNR) and will liaise with other instructional designers, educational technologists, and staff in ET@MO in support of department and institution-wide initiatives and projects.
- Cultivates close, collaborative, and professional working relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators in assigned academic unit(s) and within ET@MO
- Provides professional, effective, and timely support to assigned academic unit(s) in areas of pedagogy and educational technology in accordance with ET@MO support model
- In consultation with faculty:
- Ensures the instructional quality of courses, including alignment between course activities and objectives
- Recommends innovative approaches, strategies, and technologies to solve instructional problems
- Helps define educational goals, learner needs, and choose appropriate delivery media
- Designs and develops online, hybrid, or tech-enhanced courses in accordance with ET@MO support model
- Ensures completion of course design and development projects in a timely manner
- Collaborates on updates and revisions to online courses, including periodic quality review
- Assesses courses to determine if quality guidelines and desired learning outcomes have been met
- Provides assistance, guiding, and training on centrally supported educational technologies for instructors using these technologies in their face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online courses
- Facilitates consultations, workshops, or other events in areas of instructional design and educational technology
- Assists in preparing faculty for successful online teaching
- Advocates for the meaningful use of technology for teaching and learning
- Remains current with trends, research, and best practices in technology, online and higher education, learning theory, and instructional design theory
- Serves as the primary contact for assigned academic unit(s) on ET@MO services
- Assists ET@MO administration in determining the nature and scope of support requests from academic unit(s)
- Communicates regularly and proactively with ET@MO and academic unit(s) on issues, innovations, events, etc., related to teaching and technology
- Participates in ET@MO meetings, committees, task forces, etc., as requested
- Assists in course development projects as assigned by ET@MO
- Follows processes set by ET@MO for course design and development
- Completes course quality reviews as assigned by ET@MO
- Reports regularly to supervisors within their assigned academic unit and in ET@MO on assignments and progress
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or a related field.
- Minimum two to three years of experience designing effective, quality instruction, and providing pedagogical and curricular consultation for both technology-enhanced and traditional learning environments, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Well developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conceptualize innovative ideas and solutions
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Solid understanding of Learning Theory, Instructional Design Theory, and online pedagogy
- Fluency in navigating the web and using web-based tools to facilitate work, learning, collaboration, productivity, research, etc.
- Sound understanding of, and ability to use fundamental web development technologies and elearning development tools
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and systems
- Ability and willingness to question status pro practices and influence others through persuasion and demonstration
Application and resume
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
PLEASE APPLY AT:http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/index.php