Materials Manager - We're growing!!!!
Materials Manager- (Strong Leadership)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Logistics Manager is responsible for purchase order placement and expediting, to include supplier management. This position is also responsible for assisting in general responsibilities in the tactical purchasing department the organization, storage, distribution, and general flow of materials. The role includes leadership of material handler, cycle counting, receiving, and distribution staff as well as their related job functions and equipment..
- Ensure proper Purchase order placement and expediting flow of materials to support production work centers
- Communication and integration with related functional areas Management of distribution activities in accurately delivering product to customers
- Improve and maintain inventory accuracy
- Optimize the utilization of storage facilities to improve efficiency
- Identify, analyze, and resolve personnel related issues
- Resolve arising issues or complaints
- Build and maintain applicable metrics to demonstrate performance
- Consistent and predictable attendance
- Collaborate in budgetary and planning processes to drive improvements throughout the plant
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Reports unsafe conditions and practices to management
- Immediately reports injuries to management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics, or Supply Chain
- One or moreProven working experience as a successful logistics, distribution, or materials manager
- Proficiency in managing carriers, problem resolution, and applicable regulations
- Experience in standard logistics software
- Excellent proactive communication & organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines and follow through.
- Basic Excel, Word, and Internet use skills
- High degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting tasks in a dynamic environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and is frequently is required to stand; use both hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Research, industrial and healthcare professionals rely on SP Scienceware for their sample handling needs. Sold worldwide, Bel-Art and H-B Instrument brand laboratory supplies include over 5,000 items from safety wash bottles to fume hoods, thermometers, racks, desiccators, hydrometers, ice buckets, scoops and spoons. Custom calibration services, plastic molding, specialty coatings and wire manufacturing are also available. Wilmad-LabGlass brand laboratory glassware complements Bel-Art and H-B Instrument with over 7000 items including NMR and EPR consumables and specialty glassware, as well as custom fabrication for individual glassware, glass repair services and OEM glass parts.
SP Scienceware is a division of Warminster, PA based SP Industries which also include SP Scientific laboratory, thermal management, and pharmaceutical production equipment and SP Ableware aids for daily living.
Pocomoke City, MD
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 07:25:54 PDT