Website Content Manager
Website Content Manager
NJCU is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Website Content Manager within the Marketing and Communications department. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communications, the Website Content Manager will provide oversight of the NJCU website, manage the implementation of web content, provide best practices for SEO, monitor site analytics and collaboratively develop the University’s web strategy. The Website Content Manager will work with academic and administrative offices to provide digital content services, CMS development, ADA compliance, documentation and training, implementation and outstanding customer service, while identifying opportunities for the University to communicate its brand messages. The Website Content Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Administrative handling of the Drupal CMS (functional) – dealing with creating user accounts, assigning user permissions, etc. Content management including home page banners, calendar items, emergency notifications, etc. Overseeing and monitoring of all content added by users to ensure that the content adhere to website guidelines and branding standards ADA Compliance Reviews and working with the IT Web Developer (as needed) to implement changes. Managing analytics and visitor tracking for the website. Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of SEO and integration of digital channels. Monitoring content, obtaining qualified backlinks, publishing content, and ensuring website optimization through innovative analysis and strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design and UX (User Experience Design) and UI (User Interface Design): Reviews and implements all web interfaces to ensure that all users will be able to navigate the website and find relative content quickly and easily.
- Drupal System Administrator, Content Editor, and Administrative Moderator: Work in the backend of the Drupal system to manage administrative functions, manage content, approve content changes submitted by all users.
- Drupal Template Designer: Work in the backend of the Drupal system to create template views, layouts, etc. for use by content editors.
- Drupal User Trainer: Provide training and related training materials, including video training, and other documentation for NJCU editors and moderators.
- Drupal specialty content manager: Oversee and manage the news special events, general calendar items, etc.
- Media Creator: Develop a variety of supporting multimedia, including photos and video for use on the NJCU website and other sources.
- Website and Media Analyst: Provide ongoing assessment, analysis and reporting of NJCU website analytics for opportunities to improve performance and meet goals.
- Adherence to Web Policies: Ensuring that all website content adheres to the University branding standards and guidelines.
- Website Coordinator: Work with University stakeholders to create and update departmental web pages. Ensuring adherence to web policies and University branding standards.
- Website Content Management: Review and work to ensure that all website content includes the proper implementation of SEO, ADA Compliance Regulations, General Content, Images and all other aspects of the website content.
Comprehensive understanding and experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL.
- HTML5, CSS3, JQuery developing sites with Drupal, WordPress and responsive web design
- Mobile technologies and platforms, and/or application
- Development tracking, organizing and interpreting site metrics for lay audiences
- Site and landing page SEO setting up/working with cPanel hosts on a VPS
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and program complex websites
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
Ability to work quickly and under pressure.
A basic understanding of a college environment.
A bachelor's degree in computer science, web design, or 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience is required.
CUT OFF DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: Monday, December 11, 2017