Administrative Associate III
Performs more advanced administrative duties usually under the general supervision of a Vice President or Executive Director of a division, while operating with considerable independence (may also perform some analysis). Typical duties also include assisting management in duties of a confidential nature; demonstrate a high degree of administrative skill, competence, and knowledge of organization procedures/policies.
The Department of Museums, Archives & Rare Books at Kennesaw State University seeks an energetic and creative team player as Administrative Associate. This position plays a critical role in the department by providing direct administrative support for the MARB Executive Team consisting of the Assistant Vice President for Museums, Archives & Rare Books, the Executive Director, the Director of ZMA and the Budget Manager. The Administrative Associate also supports and assists with department-wide initiatives and programs, administrative operations including procurement and travel. The Department of Museums, Archives & Rare Books consists of a staff of 28 professionals and specialists spanning five programs: the KSU Archives, the Records and Information Management unit, the Bentley Rare Book Museum, the Museum of History and Holocaust Education, and the Zuckerman Museum of Art.
Reporting to the VPA for MARB, the Administrative Associate provides assistance and support for department-wide initiatives, programs and daily operations, including assisting with travel arrangements, routing requests, maintaining call trees and contact lists. The position will directly assist the Budget Manager with purchasing and financial systems support, such as making and tracking orders, and assist staff with preparing copy for distribution, website communication, and drafting and editing department infrastructure documents including processes, policies and procedures.
General Administrative Support:
- Answer main MARB phone (taking action, advising or routing callers, or taking messages)
- Provide coverage for lunch periods, meetings, and absences for other MARB staff
- Make recommendations for business process improvement at the department level
- Greet and direct guests of MARB
- Respond to or route written and verbal inquiries from vendors as appropriate
- Initiate, track and renew MARB print and online subscriptions
- Desktop publishing (newsletters, internal memos, grant reports)
- Coordinate travel, prepare travel requests and expense reports in Concur for MARB team
- Assist with special event planning
- Contract routing for legal approval for MARB
- Document MARB meetings
- Prepare and file meeting materials for MARB
- Scanning, copying, clean-up, and filing
- Archival scanning and purging of office files
- File tree setup and filing of electronic documents on M: drive
- Respond to campus requests for file copies of signature items
- Manage institutional memberships
- Read MARB e-mails and take action, route inquiries, or respond as appropriate
- Help schedule on and offsite tours
- Help gather data related to reporting for grants
- Manage calendars for MARB Executive team
- Process inbound and outbound departmental mail
- Complete special projects as assigned by MARB Executive Team
Purchasing and Financial Systems Support
Under the Budget Manager's guidance:
- Research and make purchases using P-Card, E-Pro, OwlPay and other financial systems
- Track the status of signature and approval items
- Manage office supply maintenance and ordering
- P-Card purchasing, account management, and reporting
- Send notification for delegate approval of ePro, OwlPay, Concur, and Foundation requests when Executive Team is out of the office for an extended period of time
- Track consumption of purchase orders
- Track status of payments and vouchers in ePro, OwlPay, Concur, and SAS
- Help secure competitive pricing research for all purchases
Writing and Editing Support
- Help prepare content for MARB website
- Proofread executive correspondence
- Compile data sources and create mail merges
- Draft and edit business process documents
- Edit shared governance documents (i.e. bylaws, charters, etc.)
- Draft and edit PowerPoint presentations
- Help prepare, copy, and collate materials for public programs, outreach, and onsite events
- Assist MARB Executive Team with the drafting of division-level email correspondence and campus-wide KSU Inform announcements
Please provide a sample of your writing skills that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Required Qualifications: High School diploma and 5 years experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. Prefer degree in history, English, or humanities.
- 2 years administrative support experience.
- Driver's license is required for purchasing items and working with guests and off-campus visitors and patrons.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); basic Web skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication; team player; ability to multitask and prioritize; detail-oriented.
- Must be professional and enjoy working with a variety of people.