Mechanical Engineer - Connector Systems
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
1) Initiate new product concepts from Customer Specifications or for internal Marketing initiatives.
2) Assist Sales by performing Customer Specification Reviews, developing Product Requirements based on Customer Specs, and performing customer technical presentations of new product proposals.
3) Turn concepts into product designs. Create and maintain the Product Mechanical DFMEA.
4) Create 3D models and 2D drawings. Must adhere to Product Release, Design and PDM guidelines. Perform analysis such as FEA, Thermal, Tolerance stacks. Prefer Mold Flow as well.
5) Stay current with latest Connector System market trends, manufacturing process and product technologies, developing new technologies as required.
6) Participate on and/or lead concurrent engineering teams. For some projects maintain project schedule, action list, facilitate team meetings, communicate with Suppliers and other functional disciplines, and communicate with Customer technical counter-parts. Adhere to TS-16949 Quality Plan procedures.
7) Direct and manage the prototyping plan to support the concept, design, and production validation phases.
8) Assist creation of DVP&R validation plans, oversee and sometimes perform validation testing, review and sometimes write test reports, provide Engineering disposition/conclusion.
9) Trouble shoot performance or manufacturing issues on new designs, determine root cause. Assist with root cause analysis on field issues.
10) Train/assist less experienced engineers regarding technologies, engineering tools, project management.
Education / Experience / Skills / Qualifications (minimum/preferred):
• B.S.M.E plus 5 to 15 years industry experience. M.S.M.E a plus.
• Must have Solid Works experience, prefer also PDM or ePDM.
• Must have experience with DFMEA, DFM, GD&T, 6sigma, 8D problem solving.
• Must have Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, MSProject, PowerPoint.
• Must have automotive Product Development process experience, prefer APQP and TS-16949 experience.
• Must have knowledge of typical automotive environmental and reliability requirements (typical example: GM 3172).
• Must be familiar with USCAR industry standards.
• Must have Connector Systems product design experience. Prefer as many of the following as possible:
• Connector designs and processes for high volume applications
• PCB/ECU housing applications, complex lead frames
• Connector systems such as:
• high-density, techniques for reliable pin alignment, forces
• stackable/modular constructions,
• polarization techniques,
• environmental sealing,
• hybrid combined signal/power connector designs,
• PCB applications:
• space saving techniques for PCB trace routing,
• compatibility with PCB high temperature lead-free through-hole (pin-in-paste) and surface mount reflow processes, and lead-free selective wave soldering processes,
• press-fit/compliant pin design,
• Terminal designs such as:
• Low voltage electrical and electronic signal challenges (examples: Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS), Ethernet, USB technologies, EMI shielding requirements),
• High current/high voltage technologies as in electric vehicle stamped circuitry and busbars,
• IDC connections,
• mating/un-mating forces,
• cable shielding,
• conductor metallurgy and platings.
Interplex Industries is a global supplier of custom interconnect and electronic packaging solutions. Our diverse customer base includes automotive, telecom, industrial and consumer electronics suppliers worldwide. Our technologies include stamping, molding, plating, etching, skiving, drawing and assembly of precision parts. The company has a strategic vision to expand its product development capabilities and is looking for the brightest and most creative individuals to accomplish this vision.
Franklin Park, IL
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:26:52 PDT