Mechanical Engineer - Plastic Injection Mold
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
1) Initiate new product concepts from Customer Specifications or for internal Marketing initiatives.
2) Assist Sales by performing Customer Specification Reviews, developing Product Requirements based on Customer Specs, and performing customer technical presentations of new product proposals.
3) Turn concepts into product designs. Create and maintain the Product Mechanical DFMEA.
4) Create 3D models and 2D drawings. Must adhere to Product Release, Design and PDM guidelines. Perform analysis such as FEA, Thermal, Mold Flow, Tolerance stacks.
5) Stay current with latest insert molded housing trends, manufacturing process and product technologies, developing new technologies as required.
6) Participate on and/or lead concurrent engineering teams. For some projects maintain project schedule, action list, facilitate team meetings, communicate with Suppliers and other functional disciplines, and communicate with Customer technical counter-parts. Adhere to TS-16949 Quality Plan procedures.
7) Direct and manage the prototyping plan to support the concept, design, and production validation phases.
8) Assist creation of DVP&R validation plans, oversee and sometimes perform validation testing, review and sometimes write test reports, provide Engineering disposition/conclusion.
9) Trouble shoot performance or manufacturing issues on new designs, determine root cause. Assist with root cause analysis on field issues.
10) Train/assist less experienced engineers regarding technologies, engineering tools, project management.
Education / Experience / Skills / Qualifications (minimum/preferred):
• B.S.M.E plus 5 to 15 years industry experience. M.S.M.E a plus.
• Must have Solid Works experience, prefer also PDM or ePDM.
• Must have experience with DFMEA, DFM, GD&T, 6sigma, 8D problem solving
• Must have Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, MSProject, PowerPoint
• Must have a deep understanding of plastic injection mold design and molding processes. Prefer RJG Master Molder training.
• Must have automotive Product Development Process experience, prefer APQP and TS-16949 experience
• Must have knowledge of typical automotive environmental and reliability requirements (typical example: GM 3172).
Interplex Industries is a global supplier of custom interconnect and electronic packaging solutions. Our diverse customer base includes automotive, telecom, industrial and consumer electronics suppliers worldwide. Our technologies include stamping, molding, plating, etching, skiving, drawing and assembly of precision parts. The company has a strategic vision to expand its product development capabilities and is looking for the brightest and most creative individuals to accomplish this vision.
Franklin Park, IL
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:21:52 PDT