Human Performance & Wellness Assistant Coach
Job ID 4928 - FT - Unclassified (salried)
To serve as a Human Performance & Wellness Assistant Coach
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Design and implement strength and conditioning programs for assigned teams
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, MAC, NCHC and University rules and regulations that apply to the areas of human performance & wellness
- Participate in department activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Performance & Wellness Coach and/or Assistant AD of Human Performance & Wellness
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise science or related field
• CPR / AED certified
• Current certification through one or more of the following organizations: NSCA (CSCS), CSCCa (SCCC), USAW
• Must also be well-versed and experienced in speed improvement/mechanics, flexibility/mobility, energy system specific training, skill-specific training, testing/evaluation protocols, rehabilitation procedures with various injuries, and nutritional education
• Basic computer skills; Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.