Senior Program Assistant
Job ID: 4924 - FT - Classified SATSS (hourly)
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in support of department's daily operations. Provide Accounts Payable support to students, faculty, staff, and vendors for the Controller's Office.
- Assists users of department's services by providing information regarding policies and procedures; may assist patrons by aiding them in using services or filling out forms.
- Answer questions via phone, email and in person concerning the work of the office which requires maintaining a detailed level knowledge about policies, procedures and systems processing. These include but are not limited to: Banner Finance, eProcurement systems, P-Card program, Electronic Travel systems and other procurement and payment processes and procedures.
- May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments.
- Serve as an informational resource to departments, student organizations and external vendors; communicate policies and procedures through various methodologies; investigate and resolve issue and questions. Solicit customer input and work with the staff to continuously improve service and communication; ability to articulate new information about our processes.
- May assist with various administrative tasks including ordering supplies, preparing requisitions, scheduling use of equipment, maintaining calendars, or conducting research.
- May prepare various written materials including correspondence, information sheets, or news releases.
- May maintain and update various files and records; may maintain department's computer databases.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.