Part-Time, Psychology Instructors (Shawano, WI)
Job ID 601760
Location Shawano - West Region
LOCATION: Shawano Regional Learning Center
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, General Studies
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu
Click on "Jobs", then "Jobs at NWTC" and then in the upper left hand corner:
External candidates click on "Apply Online - Public"
Current NWTC employees click on "Apply Online - Current NWTC Employees"
Requires unofficial transcripts to be submitted for instructor certification eligibility review
Please either attach to your application prior to submittal or email them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website
- Master's degree from an accredited institution, and have an undergrad minor or twenty semester credits drawn from the recognized social science disciplines of Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, History, Anthropology, Geography, or Philosophy, with a minimum of twelve credits in Psychology
- Teaching experience, specifically with adult learners, desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be willing to commit to all required course contact hours, for each class assignment as scheduled.
- Responsible for maintaining curriculum rigor in alignment with state requirements.
- Required to manage the instructional process, to include but not limited to: course preparation, student attendance records, student assessment, grading, and must be accessible to students outside of scheduled classroom time (to include electronic communications as well as in-person meetings).
- Final grades posted within 72-hours of course completion.
- Maintain electronic communication with students and staff, within 24-hours of receipt, in regard to course information, through NWTC email and/or BlackBoard.
To begin the General Studies Part-Time Instructor application process, please click the following link:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.