Financial Aid Officer I
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University's Milken Institute School of Public Health (GWSPH) is seeking a Financial Aid Officer I for the Student Services Department. This position will assist with various enrollment and financial functions. This position will report to the Associate Director of Graduate Assistantships, Scholarships & Financial Aid.
• Serves as initial point of contact for financial aid inquiries for GWSPH students and counsels prospective and current students on navigating various financial aid processes.
• Assist students with inquiries related to the Graduate Assistantship program.
• Assists with management of Graduate Assistantship and Student Employment programs.
• Assist with daily maintenance of the Banner Financial Aid module
• Develops and maintains knowledge of federal/institutional financial aid policies and regulations.
• Utilizes ERP system in day to day advising of students
• Responsible for identifying and implementing best practices for efficient management of all enrollment communications.
• Assists with additional enrollment management functions as assigned.
• Serve as a liaison with relevant university offices, such as Financial Aid; Office of Graduate Assistantships & Fellowships; Student Account Office
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and 1+ years of an experience in enrollment management setting
- Prior experience with Ellucian Banner and SalesForce
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Financial Aid Stream Service and Support Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006740 Job Open Date: 10/11/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter