Job Title Head Custodian
Job ID 996805
Location InterAmerican Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
STAFF - Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
Campus Services Supervisor
Open Until Filled
Provides and supervises custodial activities in the maintenance of building facilities. Assigns, schedules, and supervises a medium to large group of custodians in cleaning and maintaining buildings and for keeping and issuing custodial supplies and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises and inspects work done by custodial crews; reviews problems with supervisor; issues work assignments.
- Inspects building, reports findings to superior.
- Supervises and participates in routine clerical work; answers telephone; writes orders; makes out daily work schedules.
- Instructs new employees in cleaning work and operation of equipment.
- Tests cleaning supplies; checks and makes minor repairs to equipment.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of related custodial experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, implements and devices used in cleaning buildings areas.
- Knowledge of the operation and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines and general housekeeping equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to plan and schedule a daily work program in order to cover the work of absent employees.
- Ability to plan, supervise and inspect the custodial work of subordinates in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff
- This function/position has been designated as essential. This means that when the College is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the College.