Pediatric Education Coordinator
Working Title: Pediatric Education Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 10-11-2017
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Virginia seeks a highly motivated individual to serve as Pediatric Education Coordinator. This position serves as a primary resource for the Department of Pediatrics residency program. Incumbent is responsible for providing a high level of support to the pediatrics residency program and the neonatology and endocrinology fellowship programs. This position is also responsible for supporting these educational programs by following the GME, ACGME, and University guidelines.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required with at least four years of administrative experience, preferably with educational programming. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience. A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year with experience coordinating programs with educational programming are preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to present information in multiple forums to a range of audiences.
2. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
3. Ability to analize and solve problems.
4. Working knowledge of office practices and procedures.
5. Ability to conduct activities and make decisions according to ethical standards.
6. Ability to synthesize information, provide advice, and address needs independently.
7. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Work with senior leaders to accomplish goals.
8. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82986