Events & Enforcement Administrative Assistant (AAII)
Parking and Transportation Services is looking to fill an opening for an Events & Enforcement Administrative Assistant (AAII). This person will be responsible for providing Front Office, Events and Enforcement support for the Assistant Director of Events & Enforcement.
Who we are:
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) is responsible for the construction, maintenance, enforcement and administration of most of the university's existing and new parking facilities, customer service, business operations, and providing staffing and traffic coordination plans for thousands of annual campus events. PTS also administers the university's fleet vehicles, Buff Bus routes connecting residence halls with campus, and oversees campus sustainable commuting options.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide support to the Assistant Director Events & Enforcement
- Responsible for managing main Events telephone line and various email accounts; accurately triage calls and emails to appropriate staff
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and updating policies and procedures relevant to Events and Enforcement
- Manage and update the Events calendar weekly to showcase large parking events (more than 10 spaces impacted) on campus, as well as major construction impacts
- Schedule and attend meetings, including weekly Huddles and unit Staff Meetings; arrange meeting materials (if needed) prior to meeting, take accurate notes and distribute after meeting
- Assist in planning internal or external events, including holiday or staff parties, "FYIs," and/or groups with small permit needs
- Serve as a liaison to the department of Environmental Health & Safety-assisting in scheduling their conference room and updating the assistant to the Director on the building access list
- Support Events staff as needed when planning and managing events-including, but not limited to, assisting with equipment needs, taking required trainings, driving event vehicles, emailing permit notifications, and working required events (e.g. football games, commencement, etc.)
- Assist Enforcement Unit per the direction of the Assistant Director
- Collect and analyze data and create metrics in Excel to determine critical information or important trends in Events and Enforcement
- Become proficient at all back of house software to assist in improving operations and data collection
- Responsible for Events office supply inventories, and maintaining adequate resources for staff
- Place supply orders as needed to replace low inventory, obtain prior approvals, and place special-request orders
- Responsible for uniform check-out/check-in and storage
- Assist in ordering food for major events as needed by the event coordinator
- Process and document PRK payments/invoices
- Maintain organized files, records, invoices/receipts, or other documentation and accurately enter into Concur Travel & Expense System in compliance with University policies
- Send out permit holder notifications for major events
- Send out daily Events reports to necessary groups
- Cross train with other PTS departments to provide support where needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
What you should know:
This position may require you to work events on nights and weekends
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting monthly salary for this position is $2,723 OR $32,676 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be accomplished. Be driven. Be willing. Be Boulder.
What we require:
Must possess a current and valid US Driver's License.
Two years of full time equivalent experience at the administrative or general clerical level.
Substitution: College or University course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
What you will need:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and mail merges; email and web searches
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, adapt to competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service
- Ability to enter and analyze data using Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year (FTE) Higher Education Administrative Support experience
- Two (2) years of Administrative Support Experience in a professional office environment
- Event Planning and/or Event Coordination experience
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by 11:59PM MST on October 16, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11313.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10533 - Parking & Transportation Servi
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 16, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00726231