Personalized Medicine Clinical Operations Associate Director
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine
Personalized Medicine Clinical Operations Associate Director (Business Services Associate Director)
Position #740078 - Requisition 11358
The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Personalized Medicine Clinical Operations Associate Director (Business Services Associate Director) position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, is recruiting for an MD or an APP to facilitate the Personalized Medicine Clinical Operations in partnership with University of Colorado Health System personnel.
Nature of Work:
The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine (CCPM) is a multi-institutional collaboration that links extensive electronic medical record data to ‘omics' information to promote the development of tools and knowledge in biomedical informatics in order to expand prognostic and diagnostic capacity using molecular diagnostics. These efforts serve the center's overarching goal of integrating these activities into our routine health care to improve the lives of our patients.
This new position resides within the Center, with an appointment within the Department of Medicine relevant to the candidate's medical specialty. A majority of effort will be dedicated to the establishment and improvement of clinical processes and operations as they relate to the CCPM, in particular to Biobanking clinical activities.
This position will work closely with CCPM leadership along with UCH personnel and management, to facilitate integration of Biobank data into the EMR systems of CCPM's clinical partner entities. Additional goals include implementation of accurate reporting capability, and improvement of related clinical operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
This position will also work closely with the CCPM Director and Clinical Director to:
- Develop personalized medicine research and care across our campuses and health systems.
- Develop patient facing components (personalized medicine clinics) and recruit additional MDs and genetic counselors for this effort.
- Develop ethical, community and clinician involvement opportunities and stakeholder analyses.
- Engage investigators and clinicians through scientific and clinical impact RFA project proposals.
- Recruit clinician and basic scientists with expertise in genetic epidemiology and genomics, and bioinformatics of ‘big data'.
- Develop metrics to monitoring clinical and research efforts of the Center.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Lead the daily operation and long-term development of the BioBanking clinical operations at UCHealth and affiliate organizations within the state.
- Establish protocols for obtaining and managing research consents for BioBank specimens in the EMR and/or external databases.
- Interface with lead informaticists within the CCPM and UCHealth to integrate data derived from the BioBank with the EMR and Health Data Compass.
- Collaborate with regulatory bodies within UCDenver, UCHealth and the CCPM to ensure current and developing research initiatives comply with federal, state, local, and institutional regulations.
- Represent CCPM needs and interests at partner and affiliate meetings, conferences, and other collaborative opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with diverse teams that include administrative, clinical and/or IT/analytical professionals.
- This position required extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience in clinical research operations.
- Experience working with healthcare information systems, standards, protocols, and regulations.
- MD or advanced degree and certification required for APP.
- Experience with clinical program implementation at an academic medical institution.
- Previous working experience as a clinical /researcher within a complex university healthcare system.
- Strong background in Epic with experience in clinical workflows, and system optimizations.
- Credentialed as an Epic builder, or willing to attend training.
- Expertise in clinical informatics including data abstraction, data visualization and data security.
- Expertise in process improvement principles and practices.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan and organize, implement and coordinate operational and administrative activities, as they apply to the complex workings of CCPM.
- Expert knowledge of HIPAA and appropriate use of patient data for clinical research.
- Ability to innovate in this rapidly evolving field of medicine.
- Excellent customer service and community outreach skills.
- Expert knowledge of healthcare information systems, standards, protocols, and regulations.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Donna Brown at Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. The review of applications will beging immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21633 - ADM-VCHA-BIPM Center Admin
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Donna Brown
Posting Contact Email: Donna.Brown@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00740078