High School Outreach Coordinator
The Pre-Collegiate High School Outreach Coordinator position will assist the Pre-Collegiate Program Directors in implementing and maintaining the concurrent enrollment program within the Pre-Collegiate Support and Success Center (PCSSC).
The High School Outreach Coordinator within the PCSSC organizational structure will implement and maintain the concurrent enrollment programs previously developed by the Pre-Collegiate program staff. The duties will entail, but are not limited to:
- Working with existing and prospective partner school districts to maintain and track concurrent enrollment programs per the program strategy.
- Visiting participating schools throughout the semester to collect paperwork, promote communication, and represent the University.
- Maintaining strong relationships with school counselors to coordinate Accuplacer testing, Transition Coaching sessions, and the Student Ambassador Recruitment Program.
- Creating, maintaining, and coordinating all aspects of enrollment procedures, to include: course registration, attendance tracking, and monitoring of academic progress for all concurrently enrolled students.
- Assisting with course set-up and grade reporting.
- Assisting with coordination of faculty assignments, observations, and professional development opportunities.
- Working with program research and evaluation team to distribute and assure timely collection of assessment instruments and data collection for course, program, and institutional measures of student learning outcomes in CE courses.
- Assisting with the summer program's master schedule including room usage, faculty assignments, summer program orientations, field trip coordination, and student career-pathway experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience with College Access and Outreach Programs.
- Ability to work cooperatively with students, parents, administration, faculty, staff, and district partners.
- Strong computer skills, including all components of MS Office.
- Interest in exploring, learning, and utilizing new technologies to streamline and improve processes.
- Detailed, organized, and able to work with complex systems.
- Ability to adapt to change in a positive and timely manner.
- Ability to create processes and procedures to improve effectiveness.
- Ability to interface and collaborate with a diverse group of people.
Salary Range: $36,000 to $37,000
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs and eligibility can be found at:https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of 6 months of experience working with high school students, first generation students, college outreach, and/or post-secondary education access program planning.
• Master's degree from an accredited college or university.
• Successful demonstration with curriculum and/or program development.
• Experience with both secondary and post-secondary education.
• Teaching experience in a secondary and/or post-secondary environment.
• Successful administrative, event planning, and/or project management experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by October 31, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. • Applications received after October 31, 2017 may or may not be considered. • Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. • Initial review of applications will begin November 1, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable. • The University of Colorado Colorado Springs will not sponsor work visas or permanent resident applications for this position.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40392 - PCSSC
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Biga
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00737003