Associate Director of Alumni Engagement: Student and Recent Alumni
The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder is accepting applications for an Associate Director of Alumni Engagement: Student and Recent Alumni. This position directs and implements alumni engagement activities related to current students and recent alumni of the Leeds School of Business.
Who we are:
The Leeds School consistently ranks among the top business schools in the country. Through a culture centered on integrity and excellence, Leeds is devoted to producing innovative, principled business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement, Student and Recent Alumni, directs and implements alumni engagement activities related to student and recent alumni engagement and annual giving for the Leeds School of Business. This individual is the functional expert responsible for the planning and tactical execution of relationship management plans, programs and events designed to strategically identify and cultivate young alumni and students in meaningful ways that result in engaged volunteers and donors. This position is responsible for leading and implementing best practices around student and recent alumni annual giving efforts, implementing local and regional programs relating to recent alumni cultivation and managing the recent alumni Board to ensure a premier experience at Leeds for alumni and visitors.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Engagement and Reputation:
- Develop and implement events, programs and services that build strong connections between Leeds students, recent alumni and other Leeds alumni.
- Develop a systematic four-year approach for undergraduate engagement and a five-year approach for recent alumni engagement.
- Proactively build relationships with recent alumni identifying ways to engage and cultivate them to strengthen alumni ties to Leeds.
- Capitalize on existing alumni volunteer network to expand programs and opportunities for alumni and current students.
- Educate students on opportunities to have positive student-to-alumni interactions and promote ways for students to continue their relationship with Leeds following graduation.
- Serve as the liaison to the top student leaders at Leeds and promote advancement as a resource for developing leadership and networking skills, in preparation for life after college.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with leaders from Leeds Career Connections Office, Office of Diversity Affairs, Leeds Scholars, other Leeds units and CU Boulder Alumni Association to build networks between students and alumni.
- Support and execute the strategic plan for Leeds students and recent alumni appeals and outreach throughout the year.
- Create and execute a recent alumni infinity campaign, recognizing young alumni donors who donated every year.
- Develop a philanthropic educational initiative, teaching students the importance of giving back to the Leeds School of Business, beginning with a soft message focused on giving time and talent and moving into a donor message as students transition to their senior year.
- Train student leaders on fundraising options for student groups, outreach to alumni; work closely with CUB crowdfunding staff on fundraising opportunities.
- Work closely with the CU System annual giving team.
- Coordinate solicitation and outreach, retrieve and analyzing data files, provide solicitation performance reports, manage invoices, and work with vendors.
What you should know:
- This position involves occasional work during evenings and on weekends.
What we can offer:
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be innovative. Be inclusive. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience planning and coordinating relevant projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database management software.
What you will need:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Clear ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, and collaboration with all levels of customers.
What we'd like you to have:
- Prior alumni engagement and/or fundraising experience.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11261.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 23, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00739719