Sr. Director of Development, Corporate Relations
Sr. Director of Development, Corporate Relations
Sr Director of Development Fundraising
Advancement Services Gen - 170000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm; Evenings and weekends as needed
The mission of the Division of University Advancement is to promote the University of North Texas through inspiring the public to become involved with the growth and progress of the university.
The division accomplishes this by establishing and continuing mutually beneficial relationships with alumni, donors and friends of the university that result in gifts of time, expertise and philanthropic support.
The Division of Advancement at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Sr. Director of Development, Corporate Relations to join our team. The Sr. Director of Development, Corporate Relations, working collaboratively across all University departments to promote top priorities and serve the mission and students of UNT, reports directly to the Executive Director, Foundation & Corporate Relations.
The Sr. Director of Development, Corporate Relations, brings experience and vision to this leadership role with the goal of building the financial resources of the University of North Texas, communicating with constituents and developing effective relationships with a variety of prospects and donors including individuals, corporations, foundations and others.
The Sr. Director of Development leads university wide corporate strategy and works in consultation and in close coordination with Advancement and Executive Leadership to design and implement a comprehensive corporate development program to create partnerships throughout North Texas. The Sr. Director works in a collaborative manner with colleagues and donors to maximize giving to the university and coordinates with UNT's Development Officers within the colleges, Foundation Relations, Office of Grants and Contracts, Athletics and the UNT Foundation. Sr. Director collaborates with UNT's advancement services, donor relations and communications teams to implement effective recognition and messaging.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Lead the University wide corporate engagement strategy and fundraising efforts.
* Plan, design and implement prospect and solicitation strategies in support of university priorities.
* Develop and implement an annual strategic plan including determining fundraising objectives and unit goals.
* Recruit, manage, support and serve as leader for the Corporate Board of Directors.
* Identify prospects and cultivate relationships in order to solicit and secure major gifts for university initiatives.
* Develop and present proposals to secure partnerships from corporations, foundations, organizations and individuals.
* Establish and cultivate cross-campus partnerships to identify, engage and solicit prospects for multi-disciplinary UNT initiatives.
* Collaborate with colleagues across the university to fulfill donor goals and objectives and to implement appropriate stewardship and recognition.
* Support, consult and serve as an advisor and primary point of contact for Corporate Relations for prospects, donors, volunteers and university colleagues.
* Participate in and support any special project fundraising for university priorities as assigned by the Executive Director for Foundation and Corporate Relations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and seven years of professional experience in fundraising, donor relations, public relations, or sales; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Extensive knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles.
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with internal and external constituents.
* Ability to plan, organize, develop and execute strategies.
* Ability to attend numerous off site events and meetings and travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
* Ability to establish and maintain cordial, productive, and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Exceptional communications skills.
* Ability to master University policies and procedures and apply these in specific situations.
* Ability to exercise resourcefulness and good judgment.
* Ability to manage multiple streams of work.
* Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, problem solving ability and strong critical thinking skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree.
* Management experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting
CASE.org, AFPnet.org, AFPDallas.org, AFPAustin.org, Chronicle of Philantrophy