Custodian III Team Cleaning Supervisor
This position exists to assign cleaning tasks to custodial staff; compile and complete time sheets in FAMIS, printing weekly timesheet report for employee review. This position will order and distribute cleaning supplies, materials, and equipment. The Custodian III will respond to complaints about and requests for cleaning services by building users, in order to provide an atmosphere conducive to the total learning environment.
In addition, he or she may be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing facilities for the students, staff, faculty and customers of the Boulder Campus by sweeping, mopping and/or vacuuming floors, cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and stocking the restrooms with needed supplies. He or she will be tasked with the timely removal of waste and recyclable materials from classrooms, labs, offices halls and other areas using the area floor plans and "What We do and When We Do It guide booklets".
Who we are:
Campus Building Services within Facilities Management provides a physical environment that promotes the advancement and transfer of knowledge and aims to be a dynamic, customer focused organization that provides high quality, competitive services and is recognized as a national leader in the stewardship of our physical facilities.
What your key responsibilities will be:
This position will perform the following duties:
- Plan, assign, coordinate, inspect and review custodial team cleaning activities, according to assigned scheduled and floor plans procedures.
- There are four different specialist positions: Light Duty, Vacuum, Restroom, and Utility Specialist.
- Adjust assignments to accommodate absences.
- Perform area substitution duties in vacant areas or to cover for employees on leave.
- Coordinate cleaning of building entry ways and snow removal activities.
- Schedule and review carpet shampooing, stripping and waxing, burnishing and spray buffing
- Respond to emergencies whenever they occur.
- Prepare and review with employees their yearly evaluations and conduct 6 month progress reviews.
- Prepare ongoing continued education and training opportunities for employees.
- Inform employees of current policies, procedures and problems.
- Conduct safety and operational training with custodial staff.
- Record employee time in FAMIS daily, print employee timesheet report weekly.
- Schedule and plan ahead for employee time-off.
- Prepare documentation for verbal, corrective and/or disciplinary actions, and recommend type of action.
- Review and recommend equipment and materials purchases.
- Schedule equipment for repairs.
- Review, order, and distribute supplies and materials for custodians and building users.
- Provide updated floorplan information in regards to room use type and changes in floor surfaces.
- Meet with building users and maintenance personnel regarding custodial activities and building repairs.
- As an essential services employee the position is responsible to respond to other duties as assigned on an as needed basis.
- Meet and review with manager the status of Team activities.
- Prepare and conduct program presentations to management group.
- Provide custodial supervisory support for campus special events at Stadium including but not limited to: football games, concerts, and commencement.
- Coordinate adequate staffing, supplies and equipment for said event.
- Attend all meetings, planning sessions and respond promptly to emails regarding event (pre and post).
What you should know:
- Day shift: Mon-Fri 4:30am-1pm
- Swing shift: Mon-Thurs 3pm-11:30pm Friday 1:30pm-10:30pm
- This is an essential services position
- The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and to report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures
- This position requires a valid Colorado driver's license
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check and a pre-placement physical examination.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language to respond to official inquiries and to make entries on reports and records.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting monthly salary for this position is $3,439. *There's a 7.5% pay differential for swing shift.*
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be active. Be excited. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be a current Colorado resident to apply
- Two years of custodial or laundry experience appropriate to the work assignment.
- Must be able to understand and speak fluent English due to ESD lab requirements as well as the following documentation must be met to meet government contract requirement:
- U.S. Citizen (has a U.S. passport, certificate of naturalization, original or certified copy of U.S. birth certificate, Native American Tribal Document, Certification of Birth Abroad by Department of State)
- Permanent Resident in the US (has a green card, or foreign passport has a temporary I-551 stamp imprinted on visa)
What you will need:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service
- Ability to maintain quality and quantity standards
- Ability to complete work thoroughly in a reasonable amount of time
- Professional communication skills
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What we'd like you to have:
- Knowledge and experience of custodial cleaning and team cleaning, carpet shampooing and extraction, stripping and waxing floors, sealing floors
- Working knowledge of computers (to enter time records, write emails to customers, assign work orders)
- 2 years of supervisory experience
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Please apply by October 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-100313.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Oct 11, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 23, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00100313