The Paramedic will work in the Level 1 Trauma Center to compliment the nursing role. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to: performing patient care duties utilizing a team approach in collaboration with RNs, MDs, and other members of the comprehensive health care team; and organizing, prioritizing, and delivering direct patient care based on determined scope of practice within the hospital setting.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time; and be exposed to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Must be able to work three, 12-hour, shifts per week (may include day, evenings, night, and/or swing); will also be required to work some weekend and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have clinical care experience, including but not limited to: monitoring vital signs; inserting IVs, NGTs, and urinary catheters; assisting with 12 lead EKGs; assisting with wound care; assisting with suctioning; and completing proper documentation.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School diploma or GED preferred. Current Kentucky Paramedic Certification or Licensure required. Nationally registered EMT (NREMT) required. American Heart Association (BLS), ACLS, and PALS certification required. Three years of paramedic experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently a certified/licensed paramedic through the state of Kentucky?
- * Are all other pertinent certifications current?
- * How many years of experience do you have as a paramedic?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * What date did you obtain your Paramedic certification/license (EMT-P)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line/Media Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- LinkedIn/Institute for Diversity
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Cover Letter