Instructor of Medicine
Multiple positions for Instructors of Medicine sought to provide hospital-based clinical services for patients at Chandler Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. Clinical responsibilities will be devoted to hospital inpatient medicine, working a combination of day, evening, and night shifts on the Hospital Medicine Service. Clinical responsibilities include efforts as attending physician on the Internal Medicine inpatient or consult service; attending physician in hospitalist-staffed outpatient clinics such as discharge, follow-up or pre-operative evaluation clinics. Perform didactic lectures in classroom setting and hands-on clinical bedside teaching in hospital and/ or ambulatory settings, for medical students, interns, residents and fellows. Participate in the University of Kentucky's professional development programs, such as participation or membership in professional organizations, continuing medical education activities and quality improvement projects. Block schedule- combination of day, evening and night shifts 26 rounding blocks out of a total of 52 blocks/year (approx. 15-16 days/month). Schedule is subject to adjustment based on staffing and needs of the program. All worksites are in Fayette County Kentucky (UK Chandler and UK Good Samaritan hospitals). Requirements-MD/ECFMG equivalent, KY medical license, Please mail resumes to University of Kentucky, Attn: Michelle Zupancic, 800 Rose St. Room MN150 Lexington, KY 40536
This opening is being posted in connection with the filing of a Permanent Alien Labor Certification application. Any person may provide documentary evidence, bearing on the application to:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Atlanta Processing Center
233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Instructor of Medicine
7H369:Internal Medicine - Hospitalist
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
As gained in an Internal Medicine Residency.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
KY Medical License
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter