Data Architect Manager/UKHC
UK HealthCare Information Technology Services has posted the Data Architecture Manager role. This role is a critical role in the transformational change at UK Healthcare to enable analytics and business intelligence to function as core infrastructure in support of the strategy: data as a strategic asset. This role leads the data architecture function of enterprise analytics in UK HealthCare Information Technology (UKHC IT) to be adaptive and responsive to the industry changes. Participates as a key resource in the analytics structure and data warehousing functions of the University of Kentucky Healthcare. Serves as the subject matter expert in data staging and integration (including data mapping, extraction and transformation), data models, database schemas and design and in the data sources, business requirements, capabilities and performance of enterprise data analytics assets and infrastructure. Participates in the leadership structure of UK Healthcare Information Technology leading the Data Architecture team. Keeps abreast of the rapidly changing industry requirements and facilitates the maturation of UK Healthcare in the use of data. UK HealthCare is a comprehensive healthcare system consisting of the medical, nursing, health sciences, public health, dental and pharmacy patient care activities of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY, and in several off-site locations. UK HealthCare is expanding through the construction of a new hospital and potential future acquisitions. All UK HealthCare employees commit to providing excellent service and promoting a positive image while adhering to UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations and Standards which include being: customer centered, service focused, quality driven, resource wise, and growth oriented.
Data Architect Manager/UKHC
Data Architecture Manager
H3997:EVPHA Information Technology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Mobility to work from several locations depending on business needs; occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with regular repetitive motions (such as typing); and occasional job-related travel (
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, with some evening, nights, and weekends required per business needs.
Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience in database design, database programming, database administration and data integration/ETL (extract, transform, load). This individual must have knowledge of project management methodologies and practices as well as strong leadership and financial management skills. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of data warehouses , relational database design, management and optimization, structured, semi-structured and unstructured data types, data modeling, analytics and reporting tools such as SSRS, and data mapping and data integration tools such as SSIS and lnformatics. Must be a customer focused, determined leader who possesses strong facilitation, presentation, conflict management, problem solving and communications skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe a time in which you were responsible for developing a data analytics architecture. Describe your role and the outcome of the project.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe the greatest technical challenge you have faced when developing a data analytics asset. What did you do to address the challenge?
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter