Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Tenure-track
Functional Title Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Tenure-track
Position Type Tenure Stream
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Assistant Professor of Philosophy, tenure-track. Start Fall 2018. 6 UG courses/year (3/semester, normally two preps). Usual non-teaching duties. AOS: Philosophy of Law or Political Philosophy. Ability to teach Philosophy of Law required. Ability to teach courses in Applied Ethics preferred.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach both on campus and online courses such as Philosophy of Law, Ethics & International Affairs, Business Ethics, Medical Ethics, Environmental Ethics, Contemporary Moral Problems. Research or teaching interests in legal, political, or economic issues affecting minorities are especially welcome. Other desirable interests include Philosophy of Economics or International Law.
Candidates must hold or anticipate a Ph.D. in Philosophy by August 1, 2018.
Experience preferred, including online teaching.
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications may be submitted at this time via UNCG Jobsearch. The Search Committee will schedule online interviews for selected candidates in early January. All applications received before November 15th will be read although the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References (list three (3) professional references that includes: Name, Company Name, Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal), Email Address, Contact Phone Number)
- Three (3) reference letters
- Unofficial Transcript
- Writing Samples (please limit to under 15 pages)
- Two sample syllabi for courses to be taught at UNCG and Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness. Upload each one separately via "Other Documents 1, 2, 3".
Recruitment Range competitive
Org #-Department Philosophy - 12212
Job Open Date 09/20/2017
For Best Consideration Date 11/15/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Writing Sample(s)
- Research Statement
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 2
- Other Documents 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu