Assistant Box Office Supervisor (P/T), CPRN11132PARTS
Responsible for opening and closing the Box Office for performances and weekday operations as needed. Managing walk up ticket sales, phone sales, reconciliation and reporting of ticket sales on the computerized ticketing system, direction of Box Office activities, including training and supervising Box Office employees and interaction with the users and patrons of the MAC. Set up event specifics in ticketing system in preparation for sales.
Position Title: Assistant Box Office Supervisor (P/T), CPRN11132PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Be proficient in ProVenue computerized ticketing software and knowledgeable of its various functions, including selling, reporting, closing, balancing and posting daily sales and assist in preparing and delivering cash and credit deposits on a timely basis to the Business Office.
- Ensure smooth and continuous operation of the Box Office in the absence of the FT Box Office Supervisor and FT Assistant Supervisor by communicating with the COD Information Technology department and ProVenue support network when necessary.
- Annually prepare event specifics in ticketing system for 300 plus performances including venue seating map, ticket format, pricing structure, subscription package details and tracking codes with GL accounts and discount promotions. Modify, add and update event specifics throughout the season.
- Assist with training and supervising Box Office personnel to maximize services for all MAC patrons. Resolve customer service problems requiring immediate attention and make appropriate decisions in the interest of good customer relations.
- Open and close the Box Office and complete show reports and reconcile deposits.
- Manage cash banks for Box Office and concessions sales.
- Work with Business Manager and Finance Office to balance all MAC box office transactions with College accounting system including daily deposits, rental accounts, gift certificates and donations. Submit corrections, transfers and check requests as needed.
- Prepare timely marketing reports and Box Office statements for MAC archives, artists, agents, and department staff.
- Assist other campus departments to assist in promoting and selling tickets to their events.
- Other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
Minimum one year part-time work experience in a customer service environment.
Must be computer literate; proficient in Excel, Word, and data entry.
Excellent customer service background.
Must be detail-oriented.
Proficient in spoken and written English.
High School graduate.
Cash and credit card handling experience
Box office experience.
Knowledge of Performing Arts.
Some post-secondary education
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computerized ticketing system, computer with Word, Excel, Access, etc., calculator/adding machine, all-in-one printer, cash counter and heavy telephone usage.
Variable hours including many evenings and weekends.
This position requires a background check.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt