Director - Center for Career and Calling (S013)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Director of the Center for Career and Calling is responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the career and professional development needs of the institution's students and alumni. The Director manages the Center for Career and Calling team in providing quality resources, services, and programs for undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, and alumni. In partnership with the Executive Director of Career and Alumni Relations, the Director works collaboratively with key stakeholders to build bridges between the center and academic programs, faculty, and staff.
- Master's degree in leadership, education, business administration or related field required.
- 5 - 8 years related experience in higher education, human resources, job placement, or career services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse campus community and ability collaborate on all levels of the university including deans, department chairs, and faculty.
- Demonstrated success in leading institutional change, specifically in implementing new and innovative programs and services.
- Experience with quality programming and understanding the needs of different audiences including undergraduate students, graduate and professional students, and alumni.
- Proven record in leading and developing cohesive teams, managing performance and productivity, and strategic planning.
- Prefer a minimum of three years of career counseling and program development.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.