Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Office of Human Resources
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will be responsible for providing exceptional service to the APU Community - students, staff, and faculty. This person will serve as the first point of contact for hiring managers regarding all open staff positions, facilitating the full-cycle recruitment process - from job posting to job offer and onboarding. As a member of the Talent Acquisition team, this person will be cross-trained to support Student Employment, delivering quality service with regard to the coordination of the recruitment and hiring of student employees for the university. This individual will seek continuous improvement and help to develop and maximize system capabilities and enhance automation. This person will also establish relationships with department hiring managers on campus, providing timely and accurate information regarding student employment and staff hiring practices.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3 years client service, recruitment, staffing experience
- General Human Resources knowledge
- Strong computer proficiency, experience with ATS preferred
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Manages the staff recruitment system, including entry of requisitions, review of job descriptions, and review of applicant profiles and routes them accordingly.
- Responsible for system tracking and compiling reports.
- Works directly with hiring managers on filling open positions.
- Submits advertising information regarding open student and staff positions for the APU website, and other sources as necessary.
- Collaborates with hiring managers regarding job requirements / descriptions for open positions.
- Submits requests for background investigation for final candidates.
- Stays current in all areas of government regulations pertaining to employment policy.
- Conducts first day New Employee Orientation.
- Corresponds with supervisors and student employees via email, telephone, and in person regarding student employment questions or concerns.
- Processes new hire/onboarding and terminations for student employees.
- Facilitates the pay adjustment process for student employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.