STEM+C Project Manager
The Project Manager position for the STEM+C project is a 12-month position that will be funded for 3 years through an NSF grant, Integration is a Snap! The goal of this NSF STEM+C project is to design and develop a team-based professional development (PD) model to help middle and high school teachers create and implement interdisciplinary, computing-infused lessons using equitable pedagogies. Each summer, we will hold four 1-week PD workshops, 2 in NC and 2 in SC, for local STEM and computing teachers. In each state, one PD workshop will focus on traditional, single-teacher PD, and one will implement our new interdisciplinary, team-based PD model where STEM+C teachers from the same school work together at the PD and throughout the academic year to create and implement computing-infused lesson plans using equitable pedagogies into their disciplinary STEM+C courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee day-to-day operations of the project.
· Assist in collecting data at the research sites.
· Help develop activities that will be used in the PD and classrooms.
· Ensure that data collection, data organization and storage, and data analysis tasks are completed on time and are done well.
· Help maintain the project website & survey sites.
· Bachelor’s degree in education or a STEM discipline.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community.
· Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
· Master’s degree in an education or a STEM discipline.
· Teaching experience (at the middle or secondary level preferred, but not required).
· A record of academic scholarship.
· Experience with educational or scientific research.
· An understanding of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods.
· Experience with teacher professional development.