Assistant Accounting Manager
Brown & Brown of Connecticut, Inc. is looking for a dynamic finance professional to fill the Accounting Manager Trainee position within our Rocky Hill location.
This trainee role is structured to train and develop a talented teammate to grow into an Accounting and Operations Leader in one of our many offices throughout the Northeastern United States. This role requires travel, will be based in Rocky Hill, CT for 1-3 years, and then this individual will be expected to relocate.
The Accounting and Operations Leader will serve on the management team, and lead a team of 6 employees in our Accounting, IT and Administrative departments. A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required, and leadership experience is preferred. Excellent communication skills are a requirement of the position. The Accounting and Operations Leader will be responsible for all aspects of the offices Accounting and HR Functions. Additionally, the Accounting and Operations Leader will serve as a liaison to our third party IT team to ensure the offices needs are being met.
Brown & Brown offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays and much more.
- Must be self-driven and strive for excellence
- Accounting Degree Required (Bachelors or Masters)
- 1-3 years of accounting or similar professional experience preferred
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE THROUGHOUT THE NORTHEASTERN UNITED STATES.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Advanced written & verbal communication skills
- Computer skills must include Intermediate to Advanced Excel, as well as Intermediate Word and Outlook
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated individual with high energy
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency, demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable and be committed to achieving success
- Highly organized and proactive
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manor, both written and verbal
A national presence in the insurance industry since 1939, Brown & Brown has ties here in Connecticut dating back to 1903. With more than 100 years of experience, our agency is built on trust and integrity, and we focus on doing business with companies that have the same values as we do.
Through exceptional service and knowledge of the industry, Brown & Brown has grown to become the 7th largest publicly traded broker in the world. The key to Brown & Brown's success lies in its decentralized philosophy. Our Connecticut profit center is centrally located in Rocky Hill with more than 80 employees providing the full services of a local agency. This philosophy allows Brown & Brown to provide our clients with all the benefits of working with one of the world's largest agencies, while also keeping service and management relationships and responsibilities local.
By managing our agency here at the local level, we can focus on client relationships. That allows us to better understand the unique needs of every individual customer and tailor an insurance program specific to them.
With specialists in all lines of insurance, we protect the investments of clients from individuals all the way up through multi-million dollar companies. We understand that your success is our success and that is why we work every day to protect you.
Check us out: http://www.bbconnecticut.com/about-us/
Rocky Hill, CT
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:56:18 PDT