IT Audit Consultant
ClearView is currently seeking IT Audit Consultants to work at our corporate office in Baltimore County, MD with the ability to travel to client locations in the NOVA/Baltimore region. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position will perform information technology/operational risk-based and continuous audits. Responsibilities include assessing risks, performing audits, and evaluating/reporting on internal controls. In addition, the IT Audit Consultant is expected to assess processes for efficiency. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Use standard auditing principles to assess the performance of operating controls intended to safeguard corporate assets, and the economy/efficiency with which corporate resources are utilized.
- Perform IT general controls audits.
- Assist in evaluating materiality and risks of areas to be audited.
- Maintain the level of technical competency and professional care required for the completion of audit assignments in accordance with auditing standards. Maintain knowledge of new technology, changing control risks, and related control techniques.
- Evaluate systems and processes for compliance with relevant existing or proposed laws and regulations, established policies, plans and procedures, and assess the effectiveness with which corporate objectives and goals are achieved.
- As required, participate in pre-and post-implementation control reviews of major system development proposals.
- Obtain and analyze data as basis for reviewing the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of systems and processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of audit plans, programs, and procedures, and review each for adequacy.
- Support the business in determining how to audit "through the computer" during financial and operational audits.
- Participate in the preparation of audit reports.
- Appraise the adequacy of the corrective actions taken to improve deficiencies identified during audits.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates technical competency, knowledge, and professional care commensurate with completion of assignments, and an eagerness to learn and absorb new technical and industry-specific information.
- Interpersonal - Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within work group, across other company functions and with external organizations.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; continually asks good questions and incorporates them into foundational knowledge. Demonstrates effective public speaking skills. Capable of leading meetings with business unit executives.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; demonstrated ability to successfully handle sensitive discussions, strong personal ethics commitment and demonstrated good judgment.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytic Skills - Ability to obtain, analyze, and evaluate evidentiary data to form an informed and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the area being reviewed.
- Project Management - Demonstrates excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills. Able to manage multiple assignments proficiently. Effectively prioritizes tasks and manages time to meet established budget and milestones.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred.
- Familiarity with information systems work, such as an internship or similar experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
In addition to a competitive salary, ClearView offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness program, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart, and we look forward to you learning more about us.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. EOE.
Clearview Consulting is a CPA and Management Consulting Firm serving public, private, and non-profit organizations of all sizes. Founded on the core principles of transparency and superior performance, we have leveraged our years of serving sophisticated clients to quickly gain traction in the marketplace. Our leadership team is well known for creating an environment that attracts and retains the very best talent in our field - allowing us to quickly become the destination of choice for the most talented and devoted accounting professionals in the region. We have built our firm on the following principles: Accountability; Belief; Commitment; Courage; Gratitude; Loyalty; Respect; and Trust. Clearview was recently awarded One of the Best Places to Work in Baltimore, and is one of the fastest growing CPA and Management consulting firms in the region. For more information on Clearview, visit http://cviewllc.com.
Owings Mills, MD
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:52:37 PDT