The Mechanical Drafter is responsible for generating support documentation for products, processes, and procedures. The position requires interaction with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Document Control, and other departments as required.
- Draft detailed part and assembly drawings using SolidWorks and DraftSight/AutoCad.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Compose and/or revise operating procedures, work instructions, and other documentation in accordance with GMP and ISO requirements.
- Consult with Engineering Staff on projects, and provides assistance as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of SolidWorks and DraftSight/AutoCAD experience is required.
- Must be knowledgeable of GD&T per ASME Y14.5, 2009.
- Associate of Science (A.S.) degree and/or Drafting certification is preferred.
- Understanding of GMP and ISO requirements is preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering/technical documents.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and electronic file management.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and keep detailed documentation.
• Regularly work in an office or clean room environment.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to vibration and noise.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
Quantity: Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly. Achieves established goals.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Cooperation: Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works cooperatively in group situations. Works actively to resolve conflicts.
Attendance & Punctuality: Schedules time off in advance. Begins working on time. Keeps absences within guidelines. Ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Since 1970, Spectrum Laboratories has developed and manufactured innovative products for bioseparation and cell line management. Our products are used for the filtration, isolation, purification and concentration of pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, food, beverages and industrial fluids. We pioneered the development of dialysis membranes and accessories, disposable hollow fiber filtration modules and systems, supported polymeric liquid membranes and preparative low-pressure liquid chromatography products. We have grown to become a global company and we are committed to satisfying our global customers by providing quality products and services. Continuous company improvement is the goal of every employee
We value our employees time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:39:42 PDT