Associate Director for Administrative and Financial Operations
Job Title: Associate Director for Administrative and Financial Operations
Job ID: 24297
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3312, Range 1
Department: University Housing Services
About the Position
The Associate Director for Administrative and Financial Operations serves as the key point person for the department regarding the housing application and licensing process, assignments and occupancy projections, billing and auditing. The incumbent is also responsible for the management of department functions including administrative and conference services, cashiering and coordination with campus financial database and information systems. This position directly supervises up to four professional staff members, and is responsible for the overall selection, training, supervision and evaluation of up to 10 professional staff. The Associate Director is a member of the Housing Senior Management and Leadership team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Counsels students about financial difficulties related to payments and regarding cancellation of their License agreement; Serves as third level of response to appeals to break License agreement.
- Oversees coordination of financial activities for residents:Administers billings, refunds, and certification and deferment programs for students.Consults with Housing Senior Management Leadership Team, and other campus administrators when appropriate.
- Assists with the review, negotiation, and administration of annual food service agreement and board rates with campus food service provider and service level agreements with campus and annual housing agreement with third-party contracts and various campus partners.
- Manages residence hall and apartments assignments processes including establishing operational and administrative procedures.
- Projects future occupancy demand and coordinates changes in room types to meet demands (ex. triples, super singles).
- Assists with budget aspects of the residence hall and apartment application and assignment process includingcoordination of financial and administrative communication with prospective residents and other University departments.
- Oversees department cashiering procedures in accordance with Federal, State, CSU, campus, banking and Title V rules and for receipting and depositing of funds; maintaining financial records for tracking and auditing purposes and the fiscal integrity of handling University monies.
- Directly hires, supervises, trains and evaluates up to four professional employees directly and up to ten indirectly;Staff are responsible for complex work tasks related to assignments, student accounts, data processing, billing, licensing, collections, auditing, payroll, conferences and administrative services.
- Oversees administration of the Summer Conference and Overnight Guest Housing programs.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24297.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.