Enrollment Research Analyst
Enrollment Research Analyst
The Research Analyst at Baruch College will be responsible for running queries and extracting data and files from internal and external sources on a routine basis and ensuring data quality. The Research Analyst will be responsible for entering data into CUNYFirst, and running and distributing data and reports. This position supports the department in executing activities to create a data-driven, market-sensitive, goal-oriented strategic recruitment plan to reach targeted regional, national, and international audiences.
Reporting to the Enrollment Research Specialist, the Analyst will:
- Assist through data acquisition, quality assurance, and production and distribution of data and reports. This includes, but is not limited to, data from external, internal and survey sources.
- Collaborate with the management team to support admission and enrollment goals, strategies, and initiatives; participate in planning and enrollment events.
- Retrieve applications and acquire application-related data, including eventual destination on non-enrollment.
- Track data related to student departure including graduation, transfer-out, and attrition.
- Track enrollment data, focusing on retention-oriented data in particular.
- Enter enrollment data into CUNYFirst and other databases as needed.
- Assist with developing reports and presentations.
Compensation and Benefits:
$45,957 - $53,758; commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Non – Exempt.
Bachelor's Degree required. Two years of work experience in enrollment and data management in a four-year university is preferred. Experience in undergraduate admissions is a plus; familiarity with financial aid and testing data will be considered.
Proficiency with MS Office with significant experience and fluency using Excel and Access is strongly desired, PowerPoint experience is a plus. Experience using SPSS will be given special consideration; other statistical applications such as SAS will be considered. Knowledge of relational databases used in admissions and enrollment, ad-hoc query reporting tools, and ability to navigate and integrate complex data sets will be considered; CUNYFirst experience and experience with Hobson’s CRM Solution will be strongly considered. Coding experience using SQL (Microsoft Access query-writing skills included), SPSS syntax or other languages will be strongly considered.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong interest in Database Management
- Strong interest in communication
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to student success in higher education
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #17196. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
November 10, 2017
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.