Memory Care Director for Luxurious Senior Living Community
OAKMONT MANAGEMENT GROUP
MEMORY CARE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Memory Care Director POSITION TYPE: Salary, Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Memory Care SUPERVISES: Care Providers, Medication
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Villagio is Oakmont's Senior Living's flagship Memory Care building located on the spectacular Capriana campus here in Brea, CA. We are currently searching for an experienced, hands on, Senior Housing professional to oversee the operation of our 60 bed, state of the art Memory Care operation. This is a tremendous opportunity to showcase your skills with a growing, dynamic organization that consistently promotes from within and is committed to building their team of Executive Directors from within the company. Licensed Nurses are encouraged to apply.
We offer an exceptional compensation package that includes a very generous salary, competitive benefits and a company matched 401K.
If you're interested in taking your career to the next level, then this position is definitely for you. Please submit current resume and salary requirements.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Memory Care Director is responsible for coordination of all resident care, activity programming and staffing of Memory Care services throughout the community, which includes Connections (early memory loss) and Traditions (middle to late stage memory loss) programs. The Memory Care Director will provide input related to pre-admission assessments and decision-making, reassessments and care plans. They will offer dementia-related expertise to assist the resident and his or her responsible party in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the residents. The Memory Care Director will liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations (to include the local Alzheimer's Association Chapter) and other health related service agencies to provide services to the residents, support to families and training to staff on an ongoing basis.
Additionally, they will be responsible for the hiring, evaluating, coordinating, motivating, monitoring performance, scheduling and supervising the department staff. They will also make recommendations to the Executive Director with respect to staff evaluations, merit pay increases, reprimands, disciplinary actions and terminations.
1. Position Responsibilities
* Communicate with community healthcare professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses and state agencies on the care needs of residents as needed.
* Assist the Health Services Director in coordinating incidental medical, dental, vision, hearing and podiatry care for residents and arrange resident escorts as needed.
* Participate in community's resident assessment program in accordance with company policy and state regulations. Provide input to Health Services Director regarding Memory Care resident pre-admission assessments and reassessments.
* Provide care staff with copies of the most current resident service plans and staff tasks sheets and monitor to ensure services are provided and documented according to company policy.
* Interview potential residents and families and obtain medical records and other requirements as outlined in Title 22 for an admission to the community.
* Observe residents and collect data pertinent to resident care on an ongoing basis.
* Conduct resident interviews and staff observations on a continual basis to alert the Executive Director, responsible party and others of changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident. Provide the Executive Director with information relative to the care staff's ability to meet those needs.
* Participate in weekly service plan meeting and arrange for staff input for reassessments. Communicate care fee changes to responsible party as needed.
* Complete thorough documentation in resident chart on an ongoing basis according to company policy and state regulations.
* Review and monitor staff use of the Shift Report daily and participate in change of shift meeting to communicate pertinent information regarding resident care needs.
* Report required information to licensing as directed by the Executive Director.
* Train and support the care staff in performing tasks related to resident activities. Assume role of Activity Director/Assistant in the event that the Memory Care department does not have one designated.
* Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in dementia-specific care. Recognize and respond to changes in the dementia care industry and act as Memory Care resource for the residents and their families providing training and support on an ongoing basis.
* Assist new residents with arranging personal items and help familiarize residents and their family members with their new surroundings.
* Monitor staff response to resident alerts and proper radio use. Carry radio on person and respond as required.
* Successfully complete company's medication training program. Assist Care Providers and Medication Technicians in the performance of their job requirements and assume their job duties when needed.
2. Human Resource Responsibilities
* Interview, hire, monitor, motivate, reward, train, retain and counsel department staff in accordance with company policy.
* Ensure the new hire process is being followed -- pre-employment tests, reference checks, new hire paperwork, initial computer training, etc.
* Observe, address and document any performance related concerns or issues for individual employees in the department on an ongoing basis. Prepare and deliver performance evaluations in a timely manner, according to Company policy.
* Make recommendations to the Executive Director with respect to staff evaluations, merit pay increases, disciplinary actions and terminations.
* Coordinate departmental schedule and ensure adequate staffing in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, budgets and state law.
* Arrange for coverage of job duties within the department during employee absences either through delegation or personal completion of duties.
* Regularly review employee time records to ensure that employees adhere to scheduled shift times, meal breaks and are accountable for accurate time clock punches. Identify early, late and missed punches and ensure that meal periods are taken. Document disciplinary action, as necessary.
* Conduct and/or participate in new hire orientation for employees of the Community to ensurethat everyone is knowledgeable of the goals, policies and procedures for thedepartment.
* Plan, schedule, prepare and conduct in-service classes for staff, as needed.
* Oversee continuing education and staff development programs for department staff, as regulated by Federal and State licensing requirements.
3. Administrative Responsibilities
* Prepare an annual budget request for needed supplies, equipment, and staffing requirements.
* Maintain accurate budget and work within the guidelines set forth in the budget.
* Ensure monthly purchases and staffing patterns are in accordance with approved budget. Monitor compliance with Department's budget through the effective and timely completion of Monthly Spend Downs and be able to explain any variances to the Executive Director, as needed.
* Maintain and organize a system for purchase orders, supplies, equipment and required documentation, including staff evaluations, personnel files, job descriptions, policies and procedures etc.
* As requested, participate in the Community's Manager on Duty Program.
* Implement policies as set forth by the Executive Director, Oakmont Management Group and all required Federal, State, County and City regulations.
4. General Duties
* Respond to resident concerns and complaints in a professional and caring manner. Elevate issues to your supervisor when appropriate.
* Demonstrate knowledge of each resident as an individual.
* Understand and ensure compliance with all Federal (Title 22) and state regulations concerning the department.
* Participate in daily "Stand-Up" meetings to communicate key issues within the department.
* Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents and guests, following established safety standards. Immediately report all hazardous conditions or equipment safety issues to the Executive Director.
* Follow and enforce company's safety policies and procedures regarding proper lifting and transfers.
* Demonstrate knowledge of infection control, i.e., adequate hand-washing, blood borne pathogens procedures, universal precautions, etc.
* Use Universal Precautions and follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
* Report occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the property's policies and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
* Communicate effectively and display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and supervisors.
* Support a positive and professional environment in the Community by adhering to guidelines in the employee handbook including dress code, time off requests and employee breaks.
* Attend scheduled in-services and trainings; be dependable and reliable according to attendance and punctuality standards.
* Maintain all required certifications/licensures and training as required by state law and company policy.
* Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule as evidenced by working holidays, evenings, weekends and additional shifts when necessary to ensure adequate coverage within the department.
* Perform other duties consistent with the position as assigned by the Executive Director.
5. Community Involvement
* Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers and other departments.
* Aid in community marketing effort through demonstrated proficiency and willingness to conduct community tours and participation in all required marketing events.
* Ensure positive/friendly interactions with all potential residents, family members and referral sources.
* Develop and support methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total care.
* Support resident participation in activities. Learn residents' interests and suggest individual and group activities. Review the community's activity schedule daily and assist residents in preparing for activities
and provide escort to and from programs as needed. Assist Activities staff in carrying out activities as needed.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
* Must be eighteen (18) years of age
* Required two (2) years' experience working with persons with dementia
* Required one (2) year experience supervising and managing employees
* Able to obtain valid Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE) license
* Licensed Nurses Preferred
* Able to effectively teach/train staff
* Able to safely operate standard household equipment (dishwasher, iron, vacuum, washer, dryer)
* Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machine, copier, telephone, etc.
* Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
* Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
* Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects
* Able to process information and apply common sense understanding to follow and carry out written or oral instructions
* Able to analyze, solve and respond to problems or concerns
* Able to count and perform moderately complex math problems
* Able to read, write and speak the English language and to interact and communicate effectively with employees, supervisors, physicians, health care professionals, residents, and their families
* Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
* Able to obtain and maintain valid first aid and CPR certification
* Be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job. Good physical health, verified by a health screening, including a chest x-ray or an intradermal test result not more than 6 months prior or seven (7) days after employment
* Must pass a criminal background clearance before beginning work
Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the Assisted Living and Memory Care Industry, having planned and developed more than 40 retirement communities in the western United States. Our company is dedicated to hearing, understanding and responding to the needs of aging seniors. Our award winning communities and attentive staff ensure that our residents retirement years will be full of comfort and luxury.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:20:01 PDT