Build your career at SunValley! SunValley, the largest U.S. provider of Cut Flowers, needs a Assistant Warehouse Manager to join the Warehouse Department. SunValley, one of the largest employers in Humboldt County, provides competitive compensation, and full benefits including; vacation, sick time, vision, medical, life, dental and 401K.
Purpose: Provide Leadership and direction to team members in the Warehouse departments, organizing all shipping and receiving needs in coordination with logistics.
- Prepares records of individual team member performance and communicates this with the team members.
- Able to drive forklifts Electric and Propane, maintain forklift daily check-off inspection.
- Insures that the shipping orders are accurate, and compete and meet the quality and standards set by TSVG.
- Conducts daily warm-up informational meetings at the beginning of the shift.
- Maintains records and documentation necessary to comply with and support the CIP program.
- Maintains receiving, warehouse, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local warehouse material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Assists to safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by assisting in planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment, issuing, and work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Performs other duties as assigned by TSVG management.
Some manufacturing background and exposure would be beneficial. Strong computer skills and ability to communicate via phone and e-mail.
Must have supervisor experience. Must have good communication skills.
Experience in all aspects of warehouse management, and shipping and receiving procedures.
The right candidate must be bi-lingual proficient in English and Spanish.
Must posses strong computer skills, including Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
Must have a sense of urgency, have organizational skills, good attention to detail, and open to change.
Other skills, but not limited to, safety management, inventory control, equipment maintenance, sound judgment.
Working Environment/Conditions: Cold work environment of 36 - 38 degrees.
$55,000.00 - $65,000.00 DOE
PLEASE E-MAIL A RESUME OR APPLY IN PERSON
If you would like to know more about The Sun Valley Group, visit TSVG.com
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Premier Floral Wholesaler
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:21:19 PDT