Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, Nursing
Available Titles: Tenure-Track Assistant, Associate or Full Professor (ommensurate with experience and rank criteria)
Specialty Areas: (1) Public Health/Medical-Surgical Nursing, (2) Adult Health/Family Nurse Practitioner, (3) Mental Health/Medical-Surgical Nursing, (4) Pediatrics/Medical-Surgical Nursing
Target Start Date: Fall 2018
Invitation to Apply:
Join an energetic campus community and distinguished nursing faculty where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. At William Paterson, you will enjoy a cross-cultural teaching experience at all levels of our curriculum: undergraduate and graduate levels. Our growing program typically consists of over 300 undergraduates, over 100 Masters-level students and over 20 DNP students. Our graduates go on to significant clinical, academic, research, supervisory, and administrator-level positions. We are looking for faculty committed to our academic endeavor of teaching excellence, mentoring students, and commitment and evidence of pursuing a scholarly/research agenda. The department is nationally accredited by CCNE.
William Paterson University Nursing Department is flourishing in the following areas: pediatrics, psychiatry/mental health, public health and family nurse practitioner/adult health nursing. This academic breadth provides a variety of opportunities that will afford a focused and fulfilling professional experience. The strength of academic rigor encourages research, publishing and scholarly accomplishment.
The diversity of our undergraduate nursing students reflects the State of New Jersey’s demographic composition. As such, we are the third most diverse public university in New Jersey and as a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. In addition, we enroll nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University sits on a beautiful, 370 acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Opportunities to Contribute: Teaching, Service and Scholarship
- Develop course content, objectives and measures
- Provide students with consistent and effective support and guidance
- Contribute to curriculum and program development
- Other teaching duties as assigned, depending on departmental needs
- Serve on select council and/or university level committees designed to enhance didactic processes and/or programs
- Serve as required in community service activities and other service duties as assigned.
- Maintain an active ongoing program of scholarship and dissemination publications, presentations activities (peer-reviewed research agenda, involving our Undergraduate and Graduate students.
- Doctorate required - PhD or EdD in nursing preferred or DNP with evidence of scholarly achievement
- Master’s Degree in nursing required if doctorate in a discipline other than nursing
- ABD considered at initial appointment of Instructor; doctoral degree must be completed within one year of appointment
- RN license or eligible – State of NJ
- Certification in a specialized area encouraged
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate teaching in didactic and/or clinical settings preferred
- Experience in research – clinical and/or basic sciences will be considered
- Evidence of scholarly accomplishment commensurate with expected rank.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Supports student success
- Collaborates with peers
- Thinks innovatively and creatively
- Freely offers expertise and meaningful feedback
- Enjoys challenge and opportunities to make an impact
- Thrives in a cooperative environment
- Is dedicated to excellence
How to Apply:
Application materials can be submitted online: https://wpunj.hiretouch.com/ where you will be able to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and names/contacts of three professional references
For more information about our programs, we encourage you to visit www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/nursing/.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.