Vice President of Academic Affairs
The Vice President of Academic Affairs has primary leadership responsibilities for strategic planning, implementing, and coordinating the educational programs of the College of Undergraduate Studies. The Vice President must work closely with academic deans, other administrators, and members of the faculty. While managerial functions related to curriculum and instruction rest with the deans, the vice president serves as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs, assuring quality of instruction; selection and development of a distinguished faculty; and furthering the Strategic Objectives and academic goals of Colorado Christian University.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Terminal degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in higher education; demonstrates a proven track record in a traditional evangelical educational environment.
- Experience with strategic planning, fiscal management mindset and skills, and leading the ongoing efforts of a college to meet accreditation standards.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Demonstrated commitment to Christian academic quality and standards.
- Knowledge of computers and computer applications that support management systems and regular office functions.
- Knowledge and experience in Christian curriculum development and innovation.
- Experience in accreditation self-evaluation and service on an accreditation evaluation team.
- Servant-minded and hard-working individual who understands the times and is not only able to integrate faith and learning but has a passion for the liberal arts and reclaiming the great Christian intellectual tradition.
- Strong people skills: able to work with and motivate faculty and staff members with varied personalities and backgrounds.